What is the quietest aftermarket Cat-back? - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the quietest aftermarket Cat-back?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What is the quietest aftermarket Cat-back?

Summit has the whole cat back, pipes and muffler for $150, and thats mandrel 3" bent over the axle.
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Originally posted by ssms5411 View Post
      Summit has the whole cat back, pipes and muffler for $150, and thats mandrel 3" bent over the axle.
      LINKS MAN, LINKS!

I Assume your piecing together something cause I can't find a full kit anywhere near that cheap.

$175 is amazing

Comment

KJZ28 - I don't know if you read my exhaust posting from last month, but I just went through the same dilemma.
        I bought a magnaflow high flow universal cat (part # 94109,) and a magnaflow muffler(part # 12267.)
        I had a local exhaust shop install them along with a custom 3" catback.
        The magnaflow was so loud and ricey I couldn't stand it (although there was significant hp gains.)
        Some kid in a tuned Honda Accord pulled up along side me one day and yelled "Your car sounds awesome, dude!"
        That was the last straw - I ordered a Flowmaster 80 series (part # 53083) the same day.
        I had the flowmaster installed and haven't regreted it. The flowmaster is quieter and the rice is gone.
        It's still raspy when I'm heavy on the pedal, but I guess they all sound like that.
        I could not detect any power loss when I switched to the flowmaster either.
        I heard a Firebird (zlexsis's) that has a dynomax ultraflow and it sounded pretty good too, but still has a little rice to it.

I would not recommend the magnaflow muffler if you are concerned about rice or dB levels.

Comment

Scott-Your the reason I made this thread it was the first time I heard a bad review about the magnaflow, I kept reading and saw some other threads that said the same thing. I could only find one Dynomax video and it was really quiet I will look into that.

Thanks for you thread it has been helpful.

Comment

Originally posted by timthescarred View Post
            LINKS MAN, LINKS!

I Assume your piecing together something cause I can't find a full kit anywhere near that cheap.

$175 is amazing

Search for dynomax muffler and the threads should have part #'s or just go to Summits website go to Summits turbo mufler and the will show other parts needed and show the 3" over axle and the straight pipe , you'll just need the S pipe and CAT. S pipe can be made with 2 180 degree pipping , cut and welded for a mandrel bent S pipe. This should all be in threads already so its search time. The dynomax turbo was the best sounding with no rasp, also thr summit turbo muffler.
            08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
            96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Here's an old clip of my v6 with just a magnaflow catback
              http://youtube.com/index?desktop_uri...&v=ESaZIsnWOq0
              #1:1999 pewter metallic y87 rs A4 camaro.check out the pics on the link below<br />#2:Bright red 1979 Pontiac Trans Am. Brand new 400 cubic inch Pontiac Motor. All work done by me, except the engine work.<br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2216133\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2216133</a>

Comment

Originally posted by unvmyrs View Post
                Here's an old clip of my v6 with just a magnaflow catback
                http://youtube.com/index?desktop_uri...&v=ESaZIsnWOq0
                Unfortunately it just links to youtube's main page.

Comment

Summit Turbo and Dynomax turbo mufflers are nice and quiet. When I ran my Magnaflow system with my cat it was pretty quiet, but as soon as I deleted my cat it turned into a THUNDEROUS system.

Comment

Sorry that was on my phone dont know why it wouldnt work but heres the good link... I didnt redline it but i got to around 4k rpms and it sounds good to me.
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ESaZIsnWOq0
                    #1:1999 pewter metallic y87 rs A4 camaro.check out the pics on the link below<br />#2:Bright red 1979 Pontiac Trans Am. Brand new 400 cubic inch Pontiac Motor. All work done by me, except the engine work.<br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2216133\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2216133</a>

Comment

Originally posted by Bobd1001 View Post
                      Summit Turbo and Dynomax turbo mufflers are nice and quiet. When I ran my Magnaflow system with my cat it was pretty quiet, but as soon as I deleted my cat it turned into a THUNDEROUS system.
                      I think that the cat delete is the probelem with the Magnaflow, but I plan on leaving mine in so it should be good. But a little more research before I bite the bullet, I don't have money to make a mistake like that.

Comment

I have a video of my old summit turbo if youre interested in hearing it. I had an electric cutout along with it when I wanted it loud.
                        -Jarred '70 Pontiac LeMans | '89 Firebird Formula 350

Comment

Originally posted by Red&Black_Attack View Post
                          I have a video of my old summit turbo if youre interested in hearing it. I had an electric cutout along with it when I wanted it loud.
                          that actually sounds great! I woulds appreciate it! :rock:

Comment

http://s52.photobucket.com/albums/g2...rent=001-1.mp4
                            The 1st half is with my cutout open. then I close it to hear the summit turbo.
                            It does get raspy poppy in idle when you rev up but it does NOT rasp at wot driving.
                            Last edited by Red&Black_Attack; 04-18-2011, 08:52 PM.
                            -Jarred '70 Pontiac LeMans | '89 Firebird Formula 350

Comment

Originally posted by Red&Black_Attack View Post
                              That's what I'm going to do this summer. But with Borla :)

Also, your PB album is passworded lol.

Comment

Borla_PRO_XS_sound_clip
                                all stock piping at the time of vid

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X