What is the quietest aftermarket Cat-back? - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the quietest aftermarket Cat-back?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the quietest aftermarket Cat-back?

I want a cat back for both the MPG and HP gains, I have known a few people who put Flowmaster on and got better MPG and I could use that now.

My predicament is that I don't like the sound of the V6. I have been listening to sound clips, and reading recommendations but no one seems too want a quiet alternative. My brother said that Magnaflow was quiet and will last for years but it seems like people on this site are not happy with it.

Any suggestions?
    Last edited by KJZ28; 04-16-2011, 09:18 PM.

Re: What is the quietest aftermarket Cat-back?

I love magnaflow. Have it on my v6. Its quiet but throaty as well. Also have magnaflows high end system on my ss. Love it.
    #1:1999 pewter metallic y87 rs A4 camaro.check out the pics on the link below<br />#2:Bright red 1979 Pontiac Trans Am. Brand new 400 cubic inch Pontiac Motor. All work done by me, except the engine work.<br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2216133\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2216133</a>

Comment

Originally posted by unvmyrs View Post
      I love magnaflow. Have it on my v6. Its quiet but throaty as well. Also have magnaflows high end system on my ss. Love it.
      See that is what I thought, but there were a few members on this board who said it was really loud and could be heard from miles around like a ricer exhaust, but I was always under the impression that Magnaflow built their systems to be quiet without sacrificing the performance gains over stock.

Thanks for you input! :rock:

Comment

Magnaflow is high quality low toned exhaust for our liking. :)
        #1:1999 pewter metallic y87 rs A4 camaro.check out the pics on the link below<br />#2:Bright red 1979 Pontiac Trans Am. Brand new 400 cubic inch Pontiac Motor. All work done by me, except the engine work.<br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2216133\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2216133</a>

Comment

Mine's not quiet at all... but I'm running no cat.

Comment

I will be running a Cat, so maybe it wont be so bad...I really like the idea that its Stainless Steel. I got afraid when I read it sounds like a ricer exhaust.

Comment

Summit turbo muffler is the quietest, then Dynomax turbo is next both sound great stock, and thier $30 to get one.
              08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
              96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Yep. Summit turbo is your best bet. Sounds amazing at WOT also. :)
                -Jarred '70 Pontiac LeMans | '89 Firebird Formula 350

Comment

With my Borla Pro XS muffler, when i was running a cat, the exhaust was nearly inaudible at idle unless you went behind the car. Even without the cat it's pretty quiet.
                  sigpic
                  1996 Chevrolet Camaro
                  1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
                  --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

Originally posted by TheGr8Schlotzky View Post
                    With my Borla Pro XS muffler, when i was running a cat, the exhaust was nearly inaudible at idle unless you went behind the car. Even without the cat it's pretty quiet.
                    X2, but has a nice rumble all the way though the RPM range.

Comment

The borla's ive heard are louder than the summit turbo's, though. Summit turbo is barely louder than stock and flows well. Cheapest route also.

Borla's good but just depends how loud/quiet you're looking for.
                      -Jarred '70 Pontiac LeMans | '89 Firebird Formula 350

Comment

I have a Borla Pro XS for sale. They are the best sounding muffler for a v6 I've heard. Look in the for sale section.
                        1997 Chevrolet Camaro
                        L26, Pacesetter headers, SLP cai, Centerforce DF clutch, Pro 5.0 shifter, UMI short stick, 1le driveline, J&M 35mm front swaybar, UMI lca's/phb/sfc's, KYB AGX shocks, Hotchkis stb.

Comment

Dynomax race bullet muffler also sounds great , with a 3" turn down. Their half the price of the Borla mufflers.
                          08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
                          96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Yeah I like the Borla....but I don't like the $903 price tag....I can get the Magnaflow for half that.

Comment

He's looking at cat-backs not just a muffler

Dynomax makes a cat-back they are few and far between and hard to find even on dynomax's site but low price

SixShooter runs one and says its nice

Google: dynomax 19396

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X