My Intake Design. Whats Yours???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Intake Design. Whats Yours???

I have seen alot of pictures of cold air intakes on the 3.8 camaro's (Ones from ebay, and failures). Honestly i think mine looks pretty good compared to some ive seen. Mines just spectre brand but i think i did it NICE JOB!!!! CHECK IT OUT BELOW and post yours to compare.

Re: My Intake Design. Whats Yours???

Also i have couplers at every connection now. Guess i didn't take these when i installed them. It looks even better tho

Comment

sucks u have an angled tb....
      WAWA-A-HOLIC

Comment

I'm running a K&N FIPK2 kit with an ss hood. Also have a FTRA kit, and I'm going to mod the brace of the FIPK so that it'll suck in air from the bottom also.

Comment

I run a 3.5" flex tubing down into the drivers fender well with a 3.5"to 4" tube and a 4" X 9" K &N filter sits , gets plenty of air, hope to keep it there after the turbo but with 4" tubing all the way with a new filter since that is the coolest spot I have found.
          08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
          96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Originally posted by Unique96Camaro View Post
            I have seen alot of pictures of cold air intakes on the 3.8 camaro's (Ones from ebay, and failures). Honestly i think mine looks pretty good compared to some ive seen. Mines just spectre brand but i think i did it NICE JOB!!!! CHECK IT OUT BELOW and post yours to compare.

I would install that filter down in the fender well to get cooler air instead of still in the engine bay.
            08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
            96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

It looks good, but you need to go down farther. Where your filter is now, looks like it wont get much air flow and you're also sucking in hot air from the engine bay. If you keep it there atleast make some kind of block off plate to prevent hot air from being sucked in.

Comment

Originally posted by ssms5411 View Post
                I would install that filter down in the fender well to get cooler air instead of still in the engine bay.
                I use to have it down their but for some reason i put it back u. idk but yeah ill put it back down.

Comment

good grief, next time before trying to show off your DIY intake setup, clean that engine bay, lol.

And yea get it down into the fender
                  http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

your belt needs some attention. and theres a leaf stuck under the body (positive and ground) coupling. lol.
                    but yes Very good intake. (some advice) "take off ALL the old intake pieces. even the one that's wedged up behind your driver side low beam. I took mine out and you wouldnt believe how much air get to there now.

Comment

can you get an extension for the IAT sensor?

Comment

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X