cat back or muffler and pipes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: cat back or muffler and pipes?

they cant expand my 2.25 piping they would have to put all new 2.50 in im guessing. im sure you can expand a little but not an entire pipe. i wonder how much it would set me back. i just dont want to look like a tool in the morning and ask. them tell me like $500 and have to make a quick decision. anyone know the typical cat back price? mind you i do have the muffler.

Comment

I was charged $50 labor to have an already purchased Borla muffler and Ansa tip installed (welded) last summer. With this sour economy you should be able to get a great price, keep looking and call a few performance shops, the muffler shops always charge more...

Comment

i had stock muffler taken off and flowmast and vette tips but on for a little under 300 including parts..... not having a welder sucks

Comment

I know my over the axle Dynomax mandrel bent 3" pipe and 3" intermediate pipe was like $140 from Summit racing, they probably have 2.5" piping as well. Then you would just need the S pipe and some 2.5" pipe for the CAT. Either way it shouldn't be $500. You could get the piping on your own for probably $200 and if they charge more than a $100 for welding then just buy clamps and just clamp it together. Might cost around $230 or so , $30 fo clamps.
          08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
          96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

ok so i guess i will have to think on the fly tomorrow morning. if im going for the "cool" factor two tips are better than one.

Comment

Post up pics of what you get!

Comment

Originally posted by silversixx View Post
                Post up pics of what you get!
                i will do that. also i put the intake on today. wow, what a difference. i mean it didnt turn my car into a rocket. however it is very much noticeable. i didnt use the brackets. is that bad? i just really tightened it down! send me a pic of how you had the brackets if you get a chance. lol i also couldnt remember.
                :excited:

Comment

Nice! i just send you a PM with a pic. either way works though. with the brackets I sent you gets rid of the entire air box assembly so theres better air flow and less weight. but its not at all much of a difference. I just think it looks cleaner.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X