exhaust feedback...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: exhaust feedback...

Heres a pic of 3" Dynomax Bullet race muffler , like the Borla its straight through I just use a turn down. Just make sure you get the right size muffler for what ever pipping you have thats why they say for V8 on most of them:
    Attached Files
    Last edited by ssms5411; 02-05-2010, 08:30 AM.
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Originally posted by kdm212 View Post
      bigbrian, that borla ^^^ will fit on our cars. says its only for the v8. if thats the case then im gonna start my search all over as i have only been looking at things that say for the v6.
      It will not just bolt on.
      sigpic

Comment

exact same borla catback i have --- no trouble getting it welded up to fit, just make sure and buy an S-pipe or have one fabbed up if you're upgrading your whole exhaust --- it doesn't come with one.
        pacesetters|full 3" borla exhaust|3" stainless e-cutout|slp cai & ram intake|c/f whisper lid|tbs|eibach|kyb|stb|sfc's|adj.lca's & phb|slp fan|b&m t5|180*|z06 17x9.5|8000k hids|hptuners|d/s rotors

sigpic
        gone in body, but not in spirit

Comment

Originally posted by BallerMaro13 View Post
          props for going with the stainless exhaust setup, but that's pretty close to what i paid for my full 3" stainless borla catback and pacesetter headers --- and its pretty much the top of the line. i had flowmaster before with a hi flow cat and it sounded great at idle like the guys here said, but was awful up top. you should be pretty pleased with your upgrade, but i highly recommend an electric cutout to really open things up :tup:
          2.5" was my biggest mistake on the exhaust, along with getting a guy who fabbed a smaller than stock s-pipe to the headers and catback.

Cut-out and fixing the restriction is on my list of things to do.

Comment

Originally posted by kdm212 View Post
            young is that the same muffler as the one i have posted in the beginning of the thread. look s like it. how much you want?
            Yeah it's the same. The ebay listing is at $40 plus $20 to cover fees and shipping. I just want the thing gone so please get it lol.
            Let's flip a coin. Heads I get tail, Tails I get head.

Comment

Originally posted by ssms5411 View Post
              Heres a pic of 3" Dynomax Bullet race muffler , like the Borla its straight through I just use a turn down. Just make sure you get the right size muffler for what ever pipping you have thats why they say for V8 on most of them:
              You got any video clips of that setup?

Comment

ok young so what would you cancel the ebay auction for? how much?

i also found this on ebay. i called and he stated it was the same as what magnaflow has on there website only discounted with him. i asked about the best offer pricing and he said $350 and it was mine.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...#ht_5136wt_880

Comment

I won't cancel it but considering there's 30 minutes and no bids or watchers I doubt it will sell. How about $55 shipped? The killer is the shipping cost which is about $18. If you want it then just PM me in about 35 minutes and I'll give you my paypal.
                  Let's flip a coin. Heads I get tail, Tails I get head.

Comment

i'm very happy with my magnaflow setup. it's got a way better sound (imo) that flowmaster. FM i think is pretty good on older cars or big power cars, but no our v6's.

i've got a ram air set up intake, k&n filter, pacesetter headers, high-flow magnaflow cat, 2.5" pipe all the way back, magnaflow stainless steel muffler, outputs to dual 2.5" pipes with dual chrome tips on each of them. I think it looks great and has an awesome sound and feel to it. It's great at idle and gets even better when you put some gas in it. Has a very nice rumble and is not raspy (high pitched) at all.

Comment

so i would need all the pipes and clamps for it? lets see i pipe, s pipe, tips and pipes, clamps. am i forgetting anything? do you have any of that youngsc? if i peice everything out will it be as cheap as the guy selling the whole kit on ebay? pm your paypal. where are you located.

Comment

Find a guy to fab it up for you, at a muffler shop.
                        Weld>clamp, if you want permanentness.

Comment

the best would be to get a universal x pipe from jegs for 90 bucks with two borla bullitt mufflers. No rasp, minimal cost & the best sound.

Comment

^^^^Its true.

Replace borla bullets with Dynomax ones if you're cheap its like 80 bucks for the x pipe and 40 each for mufflers, it will sound way better than any cat back system you get.

EDIT: Summitracing is a good place to check too before you go spend big money on an exhaust system.
                            1998 Chevy Camaro 3.8
                            1997 Chevy Camaro Z28 - SOLD 7-23-2011
                            1996 Chevy Camaro Z28
                            2001 Pontiac Firebird Formula

Comment

well i went ahead and boughlt the magnaflow off youngsc. im hoping to have the exhaust pieced together when the k & n gets here from you silver. hopping i will notice a couple ponies from the extras. im gonna see if i can get the rest of the exhaust goods from rock auto as recommended from youngsc.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X