• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• exhaust feedback...

thoughts on these?

http://www.magnaflow.com/02product/s...ne=all&id=6869

http://www.flowmastermufflers.com/sh...%20&orig=17358

personally im leaning toward the flowmaster.

Re: exhaust feedback...

I've had the flowmaster set up and its fine but you will get rasp in the higher RPM range. I still have my flowmaster 80 with tail pipes which I can let go for cheap if you are interested.

As for an exhaust I recommend going with headers, 2.5 piping all the way back or 3inch if you want( i believe stock is 2.25?) and then dump the exhaust before the rear axle with some sort of straight through design muffler such as Borla XR-1, Dynomax Turbo, etc. If you cant do headers yet just the piping and muffler will make a difference and sound much better than either of the kits you linked.
    1998 Chevy Camaro 3.8
    1997 Chevy Camaro Z28 - SOLD 7-23-2011
    1996 Chevy Camaro Z28
    2001 Pontiac Firebird Formula

Comment

pics of the flowmaster? pm me please. cost?

Comment

flowmaster is raspy at higher revs. For some reason it seems very popular on these cars, yet I feel it sounds the worst out of all them. Magnaflow is extremely tame, but will last longer, and i think its just a better exhaust all around.

Comment

I think flowmaster is just more popular overall... it's a household name, that said, I had dual 40 series on mine and had a little rasp at WOT after like 4000rpms, but idle and cruising sounded awesome...
          Rebuilding the engine... Building a custom front end... T-top conversion... Custom rear hatch..
          Custom interior...

TEAM NoVa

Comment

If your thinking of Magnaflow I currently have a muffler listed on ebay. Just have to get all the piping catback if you want the whole setup.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...%3AMESELX%3AIT
            Let's flip a coin. Heads I get tail, Tails I get head.

Comment

young is that the same muffler as the one i have posted in the beginning of the thread. look s like it. how much you want?

Comment

I went with Magnaflow, along with CIA headers. It's about $1100 for the package. It's well worth it in my opinion. Although like whitdog said, it's pretty quiet at idle, but once it's under load...dang.

Comment

Magnaflow, its stainless steel.
                  It's what I got, and I can't complain about the sound either.

Comment

Originally posted by T-Mill View Post
                    I think flowmaster is just more popular overall... it's a household name, that said, I had dual 40 series on mine and had a little rasp at WOT after like 4000rpms, but idle and cruising sounded awesome...
                    I second that. I have the pacesetters along with the flowmaster and it sounds great until the high RPMs. From what ive heard the custom Borla mufflers with the 3in sound the best. But ive never heard one on the 3800 in person.

Comment

Originally posted by enzia35 View Post
                      I went with Magnaflow, along with CIA headers. It's about $1100 for the package. It's well worth it in my opinion. Although like whitdog said, it's pretty quiet at idle, but once it's under load...dang.
                      props for going with the stainless exhaust setup, but that's pretty close to what i paid for my full 3" stainless borla catback and pacesetter headers --- and its pretty much the top of the line. i had flowmaster before with a hi flow cat and it sounded great at idle like the guys here said, but was awful up top. you should be pretty pleased with your upgrade, but i highly recommend an electric cutout to really open things up :tup:

Originally posted by Watazz View Post
                      I second that. I have the pacesetters along with the flowmaster and it sounds great until the high RPMs. From what ive heard the custom Borla mufflers with the 3in sound the best. But ive never heard one on the 3800 in person.
                      exactly. i had flows and it sounded great at idle, but as soon as it revved up it was like a bunch of angry bees in a jar haha. i might be a bit biased, but 3" borla sounds amazing and i would highly encourage anyone to try it. along with my headers and cutout, i get asked almost every time i drive the 'maro if im an ls1
                      pacesetters|full 3" borla exhaust|3" stainless e-cutout|slp cai & ram intake|c/f whisper lid|tbs|eibach|kyb|stb|sfc's|adj.lca's & phb|slp fan|b&m t5|180*|z06 17x9.5|8000k hids|hptuners|d/s rotors

sigpic
                      gone in body, but not in spirit

Comment

This is the 3" Borla system I have on my car with pacesetters.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Borla-Cat-Back-E...item4390d7cad4
                        sigpic

Comment

I have had flowmasters 80/40 series, 3" Summit turbo muffler style muffler, and 3"dynomax turbo mufflers and right now I'm running RK Sport headers with 3" exhaust to a a big round resonator then a 3" Dynomax Bullet Race muffler with a turn down before the axle, best setup yet and good weight reduction.
                          08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
                          96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

bigbrian, that borla ^^^ will fit on our cars. says its only for the v8. if thats the case then im gonna start my search all over as i have only been looking at things that say for the v6.

Comment

I agree with the others, Flowmaster sounds terrible on a 3.8
                              Go with Borla. I have a Borla XS and it sounds great, no rasp.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X