Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: upper radiator support

Originally posted by LETZRIDE View Post
    what about if they bought that, but just cut out a whole where the lid would sit?...cut it just slightly smaller then the edge of the lid, so that you can't see that it is cut?
    that would look horrible trying to cut the metal and fab up the airbox and lid into it. It is not made to be modified like that. If someone wants the chrome/shiny look with a lid, maybe try that new chrome paint process that looks just like chrome on the lower airbox assembly
    http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

My firebird is a 99'...Why would the lid be better?I understand it is a straight shot into the airbox.But it really isn't unless you have the ram air hood as well. Not only that, the air from underneath the car would be colder than the air that comes from inside the air box????? My air box was always hot from being inside the engine bay. Anyone have any proof or evidence? or interested in testing??Thanks

Comment

I know you want to keep something over the radiator support so the fans can pull the colder air through the radiator, so it will cool the car better.
        08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
        96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Well I have my fans and such supported right now.. but I was going to buy the stainless support for show quality.My ? is what setup is really better for performance? The C.A.I drawing air from underneath? Or is an airbox set up the way to go? I've seen short ram filter set ups without the airbox at all?

Comment

Mines ran to the front drivers wheel well and its great no engine heat , but in AZ, I still have 120 degree+ road temps in summer, thats what my AIT's show. Mines a 96' though.
            08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
            96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

if the car is a lid setup car, then a whisper lid and smooth bellows is the best. If it is an angled tb car then the fender intake is the best
              http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X