Pic of Dynomax Bullet before Axle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Pic of Dynomax Bullet before Axle

I have a Borla Xr-1 dumped with pace headers and it is loud. Like steve said almost anything dumped will rattle our interiors; my hatch, change, anything inside the console will move around and the way our hatch is really resonates the sound even more IMO.

but man it sounds good haha. The only mufflers Ive had are the borla xr-1 and a flowmaster 80 series with tips out the end. My vote is the borla set up.
    1998 Chevy Camaro 3.8
    1997 Chevy Camaro Z28 - SOLD 7-23-2011
    1996 Chevy Camaro Z28
    2001 Pontiac Firebird Formula

Comment

If the tips run out back you won't have all the noise on the inside, if I have a peice of 3" oval tubing left I'll probably run the exhaust out the passengerside. I noticed the turbo style while sounding better will not flow better than the rest. Mine is great at idle and at crusing speed but when you get on it , it is loud has a deep tone but still sounds alittle high pitched while getting up in RPMS. But I'm doing P/P heads & intakes here soon with 1.7 Pro mags to go in already with my VS cam, so I think that will change the sound along with the turbo going in.
      08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
      96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

i'm not waiting for your soundclip to decide whether or not i want the super turbo muffler, i just wanna hear your maro!

Comment

Thats fine , soon as it stops raining and I have no more Dr. appt.s to go to this week I'll get a clip which probably will sound bad anyways but I'll post it when I get a chance.
          08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
          96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Originally posted by truekoa View Post
            I have a Borla Xr-1 dumped with pace headers and it is loud. Like steve said almost anything dumped will rattle our interiors; my hatch, change, anything inside the console will move around and the way our hatch is really resonates the sound even more IMO.

but man it sounds good haha. The only mufflers Ive had are the borla xr-1 and a flowmaster 80 series with tips out the end. My vote is the borla set up.
            just like it's written in the Bible, lol :D

Originally posted by bigairboarder44 View Post
            i'm not waiting for your soundclip to decide whether or not i want the super turbo muffler, i just wanna hear your maro!
            this thread is making so much hype on steve's car hahaha. pretty much by now as long as it doesnt sound like a ricer everyone will be happy :p
            pacesetters|full 3" borla exhaust|3" stainless e-cutout|slp cai & ram intake|c/f whisper lid|tbs|eibach|kyb|stb|sfc's|adj.lca's & phb|slp fan|b&m t5|180*|z06 17x9.5|8000k hids|hptuners|d/s rotors

sigpic
            gone in body, but not in spirit

Comment

please oh please don't sound like a ricer...

Comment

Originally posted by nitetime_pr View Post
                please oh please don't sound like a ricer...
                Like all stright through systems with a cam and RK sport headers (which have the biggest primaries at 1.75"'s ) its going to rasp at some point. But the flow is better than a chamber muffler. This is why I don't want to post sounds clips because their not even close to accurate maybe 10-20 ft. away might be better. I'm going to wait until the turbo goes on to see how much it reduces the sound. Then if it still rattles bad, I might try to make a dual section out back so it doesn't rattle the car all to hell. My brother said it sounds ricey up top but deep in the low speeds and crusing. But it flows the best. I ordered the Borla XR1 before once and sent it back, just wanted to take a look at it , looks the same as the Dynomax Race Bullet muffler with a straight through design and little pockets around the inside. Just a big price difference.

Comment

i had dumped exhaust withe the dynomax bullet and it was the best sound i have ever had.... eliminated soooooo much rasp... then i got a deal on slp loud mouth.... it sounds ehhh

Comment

I have the 6" round deseil resonator on their too, so it takes alot of the high pitch sound out of it, passed emissions yesterday. Guys were asking me what was in it, told them it was a 6 with exhaust dumped before the axle. Then on the way back I stopped to get a big mac and while in the drive through , some kid behind me was asking me what I had in it, told him " I have a 3800" he didn't know much about cars because he thought thats how much money I put in it.LOL I just told him got to go eat my food,later.LOL If it wasn't for the interior noise it would be great , but I'm going to put some more sound deadening material in the hatch where the spare tire was to see if it stops some of the rattle. My other rattle is my brake handle and something under my shifter.
                    Last edited by ssms5411; 01-02-2010, 11:16 AM.

Comment

Looks almost like the same bullet setup on the TSP Rumbler. And yeah, having it exit under the car before the axle will make everything rattle like a mofo, especially cruising at 60mph.

Comment

Originally posted by WarShrike View Post
                        Looks almost like the same bullet setup on the TSP Rumbler. And yeah, having it exit under the car before the axle will make everything rattle like a mofo, especially cruising at 60mph.
                        Having 3.73's and a nice flowing cam/RK Sport headers doesn't help much too while crusing at higher speeds.

Comment

Haha yeah. My stainless longtubes and 3.42's made the brown note almost numbing lol!

Comment

My car is going to be quiet once the trubo goes on though, but I wanted it free flowing as possible which I have done. I think it is going to sound like a stock Camaro with alittle turbo sound up front when I'm done. LOL

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X