Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Going to pull the trigger on duals

Originally posted by truekoa View Post
    what about pricing on those cherry bombs? the same?
    well they have one thats the same and only like 3.5" thick. then they have other turbo style ones that are 4.5 inches think but a little more expensive. I dont get the difference

Right now my options are:

Summit Turbo
    Cherry Bomb Turbo
    Flowtech Trubo
    Hooker headers turbo
    Thrush turbo

Assuming turbo style is the best style to go with. I'm not sure which is the best sound quality. :(
    Last edited by crazytrain65; 12-02-2009, 09:43 PM.
    auto, aluminum driveshaft, Fast Toys Ram Air, !air silencer, smoothed lid, Pacesetter shorties, 2 1/2" exhaust, !cat

New Time:
    15.11@91.14
    Team 3M Mafia

New Times coming soon

Comment

turbo style will help with rasp.

i had true duals with cherry bombs to begin with...didn't like the rasp.

went over to borla xr-1s...still rasped a bit up top (2.25" piping) but it wasn't too bad. i didn't really spin it to 6k day in and out so it wasn't a big deal.

exhaust fabrication is an art and a science. a science in the fact that placement of bends/turns/collections/merges/crossovers have an affect on flow and performance, but thats such a nitpicky point (as in no street car and 99% of race cars don't need to worry about it). It's an art in that it really cannot be brought down to a science (as far as sound goes). i threw a 3" borla xr-1 on my stock ypipe and dumped it right under the passenger seat. there was 0 rasp and sounded amazing. who would have figured?

when i went with CIA headers + ypipe...there was rasp. i moved over to true duals with 1 chambers. too much rasp. cherry bombs, still rasp. xr-1 bullets...acceptable rasp.

ya kinda gotta play with it to really know whats going on. good luck man.

and if ya want some cheap borla xr-1 bullets (2.5" in/out) lmk. i have a couple that have road rash (just affects aesthitically...internals are still intact)

Comment

Originally posted by crunkmaro View Post
        turbo style will help with rasp.

i had true duals with cherry bombs to begin with...didn't like the rasp.

went over to borla xr-1s...still rasped a bit up top (2.25" piping) but it wasn't too bad. i didn't really spin it to 6k day in and out so it wasn't a big deal.

exhaust fabrication is an art and a science. a science in the fact that placement of bends/turns/collections/merges/crossovers have an affect on flow and performance, but thats such a nitpicky point (as in no street car and 99% of race cars don't need to worry about it). It's an art in that it really cannot be brought down to a science (as far as sound goes). i threw a 3" borla xr-1 on my stock ypipe and dumped it right under the passenger seat. there was 0 rasp and sounded amazing. who would have figured?

when i went with CIA headers + ypipe...there was rasp. i moved over to true duals with 1 chambers. too much rasp. cherry bombs, still rasp. xr-1 bullets...acceptable rasp.

ya kinda gotta play with it to really know whats going on. good luck man.

and if ya want some cheap borla xr-1 bullets (2.5" in/out) lmk. i have a couple that have road rash (just affects aesthitically...internals are still intact)
        yea hopefully i learn a little more about exhaust from doing this. and i can always change anything i want to if i dont like it or think i can do better
        auto, aluminum driveshaft, Fast Toys Ram Air, !air silencer, smoothed lid, Pacesetter shorties, 2 1/2" exhaust, !cat

New Time:
        15.11@91.14
        Team 3M Mafia

New Times coming soon

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X