• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ram Air for v6

http://www.lmperformance.com/c/11/14/.html

they have three intakes for ur car there

Comment

The middle one thats for the rk sport hood, it doesnt look like it'd fit, maybe its dramatization though

Comment

I know the SS hood for my 96' Camaro they don't make a hood that will work with our TB setup. But my fender K&N will drop the AIT about 12 degrees when going about 50-60MPH so thats good enough for me. I just drilled holes in the SS hood to help cool the engine when I drive. I was going to try the RK kit but they said it wouldn't work so don't try it.
        08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
        96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Originally posted by tkoforpresident View Post

That's a nice clean engine bay.

If you like you can buy a radiator shroud off from a 98+ V6 Fbody and then buy the ram air from Fast Toys and Whisper lid. I haven't seen any pre-98 do this. You could be the first one. I think you'll like the result. Your air filter will get very dirty--to me this means that it's working really good.

1998 Firebird . 1989 Firebird XS . 1986 Fiero GT

Comment

Yeah just got an email about the rk sport they said no way. And @ mighty I would consider that but the whole point of doing ram air is because I have the hood and I'll feel like a jackass for getting the hood and not using it. Even though I got it pretty cheap compared to what its going for on the net. But I'm looking at the fast toys kit that scoops up air in the bumber. It has a blockoff plate for the bottom and I believe when that's used it would suck in air from the top, where a ws6 ram air would. Maybe I could cut the top of that and use the block off plate..

Comment

thanks thor! and yes.. lots of bugs...

Comment

Unknown, wish I could help you out, but trying to work around the angled throttle body is a PITA. If you really want a ram air intake setup, you're best bet would be to try you luck at junkyards and see if you can find some type of elbow that is already designed to reach around at such an angle. That's really you're only hurdle, any ram air 93-97 style or 98-02 style will bolt right up. Perhaps maybe check online for some type of flexible intake hose to route it with. Whatever you do, just stay away from dryer vents.. they look horrible IMO.

Originally posted by Mighty Thor View Post
                If you like you can buy a radiator shroud off from a 98+ V6 Fbody and then buy the ram air from Fast Toys and Whisper lid. I haven't seen any pre-98 do this. You could be the first one. I think you'll like the result. Your air filter will get very dirty--to me this means that it's working really good.
                It's been done

Not mine btw
                Last edited by blindeyed; 11-08-2009, 04:50 PM.
                <b>1995 Pontiac Firebird</b> || 3.4L V6

Comment

Yeah man, that's what im going to end up doing, just when money provides. Right now I'm painting it cause I swapped on t/a body parts

Comment

hey yall I know this is old. Just thought I'd let everyone know I got it to work. I had to buy the ram air box from sun coast (I'll never order from them again. I had to call every day for 2 weeks to get their lazy asses to ship it.) And I made it route to the throttle with dryer ducting. yeah yeah its ghetto. but it works. and it pulled a lot better, and you can hear the whistle cars make without the silencer on. just my .02

Comment

Originally posted by The Unknown 7 View Post
                      hey yall I know this is old. Just thought I'd let everyone know I got it to work. I had to buy the ram air box from sun coast (I'll never order from them again. I had to call every day for 2 weeks to get their lazy asses to ship it.) And I made it route to the throttle with dryer ducting. yeah yeah its ghetto. but it works. and it pulled a lot better, and you can hear the whistle cars make without the silencer on. just my .02
                      no pic= it didnt happen

Comment

ha ha alright man

Comment

I wish our Camaros could do the ram air with the SS hoods but its not possible, looks good, FirebirdGT has his ram air on his 96' Firebird GT, looks great.
                          08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
                          96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Originally posted by ssms5411 View Post
                            I wish our Camaros could do the ram air with the SS hoods but its not possible, looks good, FirebirdGT has his ram air on his 96' Firebird GT, looks great.
                            And you can look at my site to see how it's hooked up.
                            Robert - owner www.FirebirdV6.com "Mid-life crisis? I'm way beyond that!"

1996 Black Firebird GTxxxRam Air V6 w/ M5xxxwww.FirebirdGT.com

Raven

Comment

I use an ss hood along with the FIPK, that's the closest to ram air as you can get. Although the ss hood's air ducting is very restrictive. There is a 180 degree turn in there.

Comment

thats cool. nice work!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X