Borla Exhaust... too loud?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Borla Exhaust... too loud?

Borla is definitely my favorite exhaust. I first heard it on a decently-modified LT1 and was impressed. Then I heard clips from some v6's that have it, and it doesn't only sound good on v8's!

I have my pacesetter headers leading into a gutted cat and a TSP rumbler catback (3"). All of my friends that drive stock, normal cars talk about how insanely loud it is. I find that it is not out of the norm for any car with a modified exhaust though. You get used to the noise. I am currently driving a 2004 accord for the winter and I HATE not being able to tell if the car is running or not.

My neighbors at home have also commented on being able to simply use the starting of my car to know when they should be getting out of bed. None of them have complained about it, just stated that they could hear it.
    2002 SOM Camaro- Sold
    2006 S60- Sold
    2000 Cherokee- The desert whip

Comment

haha i'll agree with steve 100%

you really do get used to the sound of a louder exhaust. i remember when i first put on my cutout and opened it full and ripped into it, i thought it was INSANELY loud, but now i drive with it open all the time and cant get enough of it---it just becomes the sound you want.

i will admit my car is rather loud though, my friends tell me they can literally hear my car before they see me coming :D and i've actually had plenty of strangers ask me, "man, what all do you have done to that loud a$$ camaro?!" haha.
      pacesetters|full 3" borla exhaust|3" stainless e-cutout|slp cai & ram intake|c/f whisper lid|tbs|eibach|kyb|stb|sfc's|adj.lca's & phb|slp fan|b&m t5|180*|z06 17x9.5|8000k hids|hptuners|d/s rotors

sigpic
      gone in body, but not in spirit

Comment

well im in love with the borla so im gona get it. not likein the 800 bucks though so ill get the xr1 muffler nd 2 tal pipes

Comment

If you're too concern with Borla being too loud you can get one of these:

You can shut it off if it's too loud and open it up again if you want it loud. You don't have to go down there and put in and out those plates.

1998 Firebird . 1989 Firebird XS . 1986 Fiero GT

Comment

exactly right ^ i looooove my e-cutout
            pacesetters|full 3" borla exhaust|3" stainless e-cutout|slp cai & ram intake|c/f whisper lid|tbs|eibach|kyb|stb|sfc's|adj.lca's & phb|slp fan|b&m t5|180*|z06 17x9.5|8000k hids|hptuners|d/s rotors

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by stevethepirate View Post
              My neighbors at home have also commented on being able to simply use the starting of my car to know when they should be getting out of bed. None of them have complained about it, just stated that they could hear it.
              lol steve my neighbors say the same thing! ive been told by oe lady that she got up late because i never left. shes like...i didnt hear your car today. hahaha
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by firebirddrvr View Post
                lol steve my neighbors say the same thing! ive been told by oe lady that she got up late because i never left. shes like...i didnt hear your car today. hahaha
                my neighbor use to get up when they hear my dad's old truck.... it was like a 87? chevy with the 305 and glasspackes.... but the glasspacks were old so it was more like straight pipes lol

Comment

but that makes no sense, an electric cutout will not make the borla any quieter, just make it really loud if its open

borla is a really tame exhaust, but will wake up at wot, if your worried about it being to loud get some resonated tips

Comment

true ^ a closed cutout will sound exactly like a complete exhaust with no cutout---mine is very quiet when it's closed all the way. opening the butterfly is what makes the difference

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BallerMaro13 View Post
                      true ^ a closed cutout will sound exactly like a complete exhaust with no cutout---mine is very quiet when it's closed all the way. opening the butterfly is what makes the difference
                      mine is very quiet too, louder than stock, but i also have headers, with i have headers and full 3" exhaust and it sounds very good, no rasp, and not annoying, great tone i love it

Comment

Originally posted by Mighty Thor View Post
                        If you're too concern with Borla being too loud you can get one of these:

You can shut it off if it's too loud and open it up again if you want it loud. You don't have to go down there and put in and out those plates.

I have cutouts for sale if you're interested lol

http://forum.camarov6.com/showthread.php?t=98454

baller and fondle will even come and install it for you!! what a deal!
                        1998 Chevy Camaro 3.8
                        1997 Chevy Camaro Z28 - SOLD 7-23-2011
                        1996 Chevy Camaro Z28
                        2001 Pontiac Firebird Formula

Comment

ha, if you lived in texas i wouldn't mine it, i might be selling mine actually, if i go turbo

Comment

lol yes ^ for a nominal fee and/or beer, pizza, and abbott stage 3 h/c.

any takers? :D

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Fondle View Post
                              but that makes no sense, an electric cutout will not make the borla any quieter, just make it really loud if its open
                              I think he was referring to using the electric cutout in place of the interchangeable plates on the end that isn't routed through the muffler. So if it's too loud with an open or smaller plate, you can block it off completely with an electric cutout and open it for racing.

Originally posted by Mighty Thor View Post
                              '99 Camaro
                              '04 Saab 9-3 Aero
                              '90 Audi Coupe Quattro

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X