Borla Exhaust... too loud?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Borla Exhaust... too loud?

I'm interested in buying a catback borla exhaust for my 97 firebird. i have a gt1 cam and obx headers. my question is will the exhaust be to loud and attract to much attention to me? i love the way it sounds (best on a v6 imo) but it just seams like its to loud? anyone who has it please let me know your thoughts
    Thanks,
    Frank

Re: Borla Exhaust... too loud?

dynomax FTW
    2001 Camaro 3.8 A4
    1991 3000GT VR4
    2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS

Comment

its either the summit turbo or borla for me

Comment

borla ftw

Comment

there IS NO TOO loud!
          sigpic

Comment

im looking for a real answer ha is it going to be to loud for a daily driver? i cant tell from the videos.

Comment

If you're talking about the Borla catback being too loud, just use one of the plates that routes most or all of the exhaust through the muffler. Most of the videos you see on Youtube is an F-body with an open cutout or an open Borla plate flowing exhaust straight out before the muffler. If you're still concerned about it being too loud, you can get just the Borla ProXS muffler. It's not as loud, but still has a good sound.
              '99 Camaro
              '04 Saab 9-3 Aero
              '90 Audi Coupe Quattro

Comment

I had Abbotts NA cam headers & a borla. I had it almost all the way closed and it was still pretty loud a WOT but just cruising around it was nice. I drove around with it fully open for close to a year and loved it.

Comment

My daily driver has a Borla Pro XS. It is kinda deep and quiet until WOT but even then it's not super loud, sounds respectable and tough...well, as tough as a V6 can sound without being obnoxious.

Comment

I've had borla almost just as long as I've had my bird and I love it.

I don't know what too loud is for you, but it is loud enough for me that I sometime have the cops staring at me.

But there's a lot of loud cars anyway in my neighborhood.

BTW...dynomax got nothing on borla. That's why they are expensive. Borla is the best of all exhaust. The flow chart and hp chart proves it. Too bad I can't find that chart anymore.

1998 Firebird . 1989 Firebird XS . 1986 Fiero GT

Comment

i've got headers and a full 3" stainless borla exhaust with an e-cutout and it sounds fantastic. with the cutout closed, it's actually on the quieter side and very smooth, and open (i run it open all the time now bc i love the sound) it sounds like the gates of hell opening at WOT haha. but seriously i get a lot of v8 inquiries with the borla exhaust---go for it man.
                      pacesetters|full 3" borla exhaust|3" stainless e-cutout|slp cai & ram intake|c/f whisper lid|tbs|eibach|kyb|stb|sfc's|adj.lca's & phb|slp fan|b&m t5|180*|z06 17x9.5|8000k hids|hptuners|d/s rotors

sigpic
                      gone in body, but not in spirit

Comment

Originally posted by BallerMaro13 View Post
                        i've got headers and a full 3" stainless borla exhaust with an e-cutout and it sounds fantastic. with the cutout closed, it's actually on the quieter side and very smooth, and open (i run it open all the time now bc i love the sound) it sounds like the gates of hell opening at WOT haha. but seriously i get a lot of v8 inquiries with the borla exhaust---go for it man.
                        truth. when my cut out is open and going WOT and granny shifting into the next gear makes this amazing sound, to me is sounds like the most bad a** thunder cracking sound you have ever heard

at idle the borla has a nice idle sound, and is very smooth, no rasp at all, me and baller have the same setup but i have the single in/out muffler instead, but borla or bust

Comment

Woooo just got it :)

Comment

nice dude, looks beautiful, but sounds even better

Comment

If you want to quite it down use the reonator I post thats 7" long and 6"'s round it looks like a big CAT , My Dynomax is not even loud now and theres no rasp. I think I could take off the muffler and it would still sound good with the resonator. My Dynomax I could look through the 3" inlet side and see the outlets for the 2-2.5" outlets, so it is free flowing. When the turbo goes on, I might just have the exhaust before the axle with turn downs.
                              08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
                              96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X