Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: header install

Originally posted by BallerMaro13 View Post
    true story here man ^ i did the exact same thing with my pacesetters and bought the hi temp ceramic paint and took the time to do several nice layers and even bake/cure them. needless to say---bolted up the headers and fired the 'maro up and that sh*t flaked off like snow. i was pissed.

either way, the headers will still do their job, just wont be as pretty.
    lol pretty much the realization i came to on mine
    1999 v6 Camaro M5
    Automatic to Manual converted
    Pacesetter Headers, 2.5" Custom True Duals with X-Pipe and Magnaflow Bullet Muffers,
    !cat, Intake, 3.42's with LSD, MSD Wires, Drilled/Slotted Rotors, Hurst Short Shifter, Tuned PCM

Comment

Re: header install

well, i can only speak from experiance on all the "old chevys" i've built in the past, but having the headers ceramic coated inside & out is worth the expense, it will keep the rust at bay & will significantly reduce underhood temps & as far as header gaskets, i highly recomend "Percey's" sandwiched aluminum header gaskets, they are reusable & will never blow out, they're bulletproof, & for the collectors, i would use "Mr.Gasket" copper collector gaskets, also pretty much bulletproof, & if you can stand the headache of getting them on & off, "Stage8" locking bolts will keep everything buttoned up & won't allow the bolts to vibrate loose

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
      Working...
      X