another dumb exhaust question!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: another dumb exhaust question!

oh yea its definatley one of the best sounding v6's ive ever heard. and it sounds even better with heads and a cam. :omg:
    auto, aluminum driveshaft, Fast Toys Ram Air, !air silencer, smoothed lid, Pacesetter shorties, 2 1/2" exhaust, !cat

New Time:
    15.11@91.14
    Team 3M Mafia

New Times coming soon

Comment

Originally posted by crazytrain65 View Post
      will a single in single out muffler sound any different compared to a single in dual out muffler?
      anybody?
      auto, aluminum driveshaft, Fast Toys Ram Air, !air silencer, smoothed lid, Pacesetter shorties, 2 1/2" exhaust, !cat

New Time:
      15.11@91.14
      Team 3M Mafia

New Times coming soon

Comment

the single in single out muffler setups are usually done without tips so in this case if its dumped under the car or something it should be louder.

single in dual out are usually ran thru the back with tailpipes/tips so it'll be a little less loud.

I've had a single in dual out muffler before and compared to my current set up( single in single out dumped before the rear axle) I perfer the single in single out one.

hope this helped
        1998 Chevy Camaro 3.8
        1997 Chevy Camaro Z28 - SOLD 7-23-2011
        1996 Chevy Camaro Z28
        2001 Pontiac Firebird Formula

Comment

Hey crazytrain, I had the factory single in, dual out setup. I wasn't all that "crazy" about the exhaust note so I did some researching for about a month and decided to pull the trigger on a single in/out setup.
          I went with a Borla 2.25 in/out Pro XS model, like $75 shipped from Wicked Nickeys. I also put on an Ansa resonated tip to smooth things out as I did not want (nor do I currently have) any rasp.

So, how do the two compare? I LOVE my single in/out. My stock exhaust was on the quiet side and when pushed, the tone was a bit weak and girly sounding. When I put the new exhaust on it was even quieter! I was disappointed and thought I wasted $165 (with labor) doing what I did but after about a month of daily driving the Borla must have gotten broke in as it sounds great (6 months now). Low idle is a bit quiet but has a somewhat deep tone. WOT sounds awesome IMO, especially when doing drifting burnouts. I prefer the sound of my big block cars but this sixer setup sounds tough and kinda exotic. Would I do it again? Yes...

I also did the intake mod that eliminated the baffle thingy, and put in a K&N air filter. That really helped the exhaust note sound better and is a must do as it is cheap and easy.

Comment

Ive heard that the PROxs is the quieter borla. I just want as little rasp as possible :D

and truekoa i want to hear a WOT drive by of your car!!

New Time:
            15.11@91.14
            Team 3M Mafia

New Times coming soon

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X