Intake setups

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Intake setups

Your not gonna see much performance with adding just an intake. any mod will say the same thing as well i hope. it is the combination of things that you add to your car that makes the noticeable gains. I.e full bolton's which includes headers, intake, highflow cat ,catback etc. as far as differences between a lid cai and fipk i think would have to be a matter of preference because anything is better than the stock intake. I am a person of name for instance and that is why i chose the K&N fipk because it is well known. but again others swear by the whisper lid others like cai its all up to you

Comment

i already have headers, exhaust, intake, gears, tune, ect. Getting ready to do a powerdyne setup as soon as my leg heels up, might go with some sray instead of powerdyne. not sure yet, but im impressed with what just 6lbs will do. i was just wondering what intakes you guys were running to see what was performing better, if anything. Think im just gunna stick with the FIPK, i kinda want to save the money for a power adder. thx

Comment

slp cai and (if you can find one) lids are cheaper than the fipk.

i'm a bit biased with my setup---either way it's worth it to get the intake breathing better.
        pacesetters|full 3" borla exhaust|3" stainless e-cutout|slp cai & ram intake|c/f whisper lid|tbs|eibach|kyb|stb|sfc's|adj.lca's & phb|slp fan|b&m t5|180*|z06 17x9.5|8000k hids|hptuners|d/s rotors

sigpic
        gone in body, but not in spirit

Comment

They'll be very similar in price. Wish I had just gone with the FIPK in the first place.
          Good luck finding a lid nowadays. I have one in my closet :-D

Comment

you lookin to sell that lid? :p
            auto, aluminum driveshaft, Fast Toys Ram Air, !air silencer, smoothed lid, Pacesetter shorties, 2 1/2" exhaust, !cat

New Time:
            15.11@91.14
            Team 3M Mafia

New Times coming soon

Comment

i noticed you said powerdyne and first thing i thought was will fipk work. kinda did some reasearch for ya because i like learning bout all options lol. but heres a link about fipk and powerdyne http://forum.camarov6.com/showthread...werdyne+setups it pretty much says to get the ls1 fipk for the enlarged tubing.

Comment

Hey Crazytrain65, thanks for posting the pics. You da man!

Comment

Might keep it if I ever buy another v6.

Comment

Originally posted by enzia35 View Post
                    Might keep it if I ever buy another v6.
                    Might keep what? What are you taking about?

You kids need to make reference to WTF you are talking about because it is total crap to the rest of us who can't read your mind.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark42;
                      Might keep what? What are you taking about?

You kids need to make reference to WTF you are talking about because it is total crap to the rest of us who can't read your mind.
                      Reading is fundamental....

Originally posted by enzia35
                      They'll be very similar in price. Wish I had just gone with the FIPK in the first place.
                      Good luck finding a lid nowadays. I have one in my closet :-D

Comment

Originally posted by Mark42 View Post
                        whoa killer...just backtrack and read through the context
                        pacesetters|full 3" borla exhaust|3" stainless e-cutout|slp cai & ram intake|c/f whisper lid|tbs|eibach|kyb|stb|sfc's|adj.lca's & phb|slp fan|b&m t5|180*|z06 17x9.5|8000k hids|hptuners|d/s rotors

sigpic
                        gone in body, but not in spirit

Comment

I've got a Whisper lid for the '98 that I'm not using, and wouldn't mind getting rid of. Only thing is, I started to sand it so that I could paint it. If one of you would be interested in it, PM me.

Comment

Just to add my $.02, I tried both the the Whisper lid/K&N filter, and the FIPK on my '02 3.8 while the car was sitting on a Dynojet dyno: the Whisper lid/K&N filter combo made no noticeable difference in either HP or TQ. With the FIPK it picked up about 5 HP and TQ. I sold the lid and kept the FIPK. You mileage may vary, and as some have noted the difference is negligible w/r/t actual performance (it does sound much better though :D).

FWIW, I also installed the Hypertech PPIII program on the car while it was strapped to the dyno (FIPK installed), and it also made zero difference in HP/TQ over the FIPK alone. The Hypertech went back to Summit the next day.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark42 View Post
                              Hey Crazytrain65, thanks for posting the pics. You da man!
                              No problem mang! I have a smoothed air lid too but I don't have pics at the moment.
                              auto, aluminum driveshaft, Fast Toys Ram Air, !air silencer, smoothed lid, Pacesetter shorties, 2 1/2" exhaust, !cat

New Time:
                              15.11@91.14
                              Team 3M Mafia

New Times coming soon

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X