Intake setups

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intake setups

Hey jus wanted to get some oppinions on intake setups.Which seems to be the best allaround. funtionall RAI, SlP dual filter cai. the k&n fipk, or the lengenfelter supertube?
    Throw in sommore ideas if you think there better.

Re: Intake setups

i'm running the slp cai with a k&n filter, the slp ram air upgrade kit, and a c/f whisper lid---it works, sounds, and performs beautifully. i'd highly recommend it.

most ppl here are either running a slp cai/lid or the k&n fipk.
    pacesetters|full 3" borla exhaust|3" stainless e-cutout|slp cai & ram intake|c/f whisper lid|tbs|eibach|kyb|stb|sfc's|adj.lca's & phb|slp fan|b&m t5|180*|z06 17x9.5|8000k hids|hptuners|d/s rotors

sigpic
    gone in body, but not in spirit

Comment

just wondering(& showing my ignorance probally-lol)but what is a "cai" ? & what is the "fipk" ? just wondering-been looking everywhere for the unubtaniable whisper style lid for a 98v6-does k&n make something that fits? i called k&n & they said all they make is the flat filter(which ive already got) ?

Comment

CAI=Cold Air Intake

http://www.knfilters.com/air_intake/...et_camaro.aspx <<==fipk

Comment

fipk = fuel injected performance kit

Comment

I have a fast toys ram air, smoothed stock lid, and deleted the air silencer. It's not bad. Gave it a better sound, and the kit even came with a block off plate for when it rains so u dont shove water up there. (forgot to put it on one day and hit a big puddle =( that sucked)
            auto, aluminum driveshaft, Fast Toys Ram Air, !air silencer, smoothed lid, Pacesetter shorties, 2 1/2" exhaust, !cat

New Time:
            15.11@91.14
            Team 3M Mafia

New Times coming soon

Comment

i have a custom lid i made from fiberglass, and a ram air with a k&n filter

Comment

Running FIPK since previous intake had clearance issues with the ss hood, before that a Whisper lid and Fast Toys cold air intake.

Comment

You guys got pics of the custom and fast toys setup?

Last weekend I took the air silencer off, put on a length of flexible 3" aluminum hose and a new air filter. Seems to make a small improvement. But the 3" rubs the radiator housing, so what ever I do for a permanent solution will have to have some clearance there.

So now its off to fab up a fiberglass or pvc/rubber tube for the angled intake on my '98 Bird. Thats why I ask for some pics, its nice to see what others have done.

Still can't come up with a nice way to route a cold air duct. Unlike other bottom breather cars I fabricated intakes for, this one has no easy access to the pressure area in front of the radiator from the engine compartment.

Any suggestions?

EDIT:

Checked out the Fast Toys intake. This one I've seen on Camaros and the real problem with it is its drawing air that has been heated by the radiator and exiting the bottom of the car. Looks slick, but not a "cold" air intake.

Their Cold Air intake is nice, something I might copy myself.
                  Last edited by Mark42; 09-24-2009, 07:03 PM.

Comment

I've got a 95 with the angle throtle body, so it's kinda hard to find something like a whisper lid and a way to fab it up. I'm running the k&n kit the one that goes in the wheel well. It gets pretty good results but I'm looking for a little more. And doesn't the flextube kill performance due to turbulance or something? Also kinda worried about the rain water issue with the ram air.

Comment

the fipk is expensive but deff worth it. i have it setup with a fully functioning ram air hood sounds good and looks good under the hood.

Comment

Angled or straight TB? Did u use flextube?

Comment

straight tb. i know alot of people on here who have done the silencer delete use rubber couplings and flex tubes or pvc piping depending on their tb to connect lids so i dont see why it wont work on the fipk. all it is is a oblong shaped filter with a slight S shaped tubing that goes right to the tb so a trip to home depot or lowes and you could probably find something to make the connection. im thinking a rubber coupling and 45 deg. tubing would prob do the job... o and a good idea if your not in a rush to put the intake on watch the for sale posts you can sometimes find lids and intakes used for a fair price. i got my fipk from a wrecked camraro on here and paid 80 including shipping and all i needed to do was recharge the filter.

Comment

i dont see how it sucks air off the radiator it bolts on to a brace down there and gets it straight off the air deflector pretty much. And you can seal the airbox up to get more of a "ram air" effect.....
                            auto, aluminum driveshaft, Fast Toys Ram Air, !air silencer, smoothed lid, Pacesetter shorties, 2 1/2" exhaust, !cat

New Time:
                            15.11@91.14
                            Team 3M Mafia

New Times coming soon

Comment

thx for the info. but do you guys think the lids give more performance than the wheel well intakes? or are they about the same?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X