mufflers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: mufflers

I don't trust sound clips because when I try and do mine it sounds like crap but in person it sounds good. So I guess it depends on the sound quailty of the clip.
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

I have a single in/out Borla and love the exhaust note, no rasp, just an awesome tone/sound...Try Wicked Nickys (google it) I purchased mine from there and it was inexpensive and shipped to me me asap.

Comment

Well I read that dumping before the axle is illegal?? Yes or no. I don't got money to pay ppl to pass my ****.

Comment

sh-it

Comment

hey akcamaro02-feel ur pain bro, bought my 98v6 w/ high flow cat (dynatech-i think?) & full stainless magnaflow exhaust, one muffler w/ ridiculously huge dual tips...& it sounds great at idle & anything below 3,500rpms, but higher in the rev range it sounds like a honda w/ a fart pipe! -been tempted to just cut the muffler off & run w/out it but not sure if that would make it worse or if its the big oversized cannons hanging out the back making it fart/rasp like that??? ive got a 71 monte w/ a stroker & dual 3" turndowns at axel so im used to "to loud"-lol ...no offense if anybody likes that fart pipe sound-bought the car from my best bud & he loved the way it sounded-different strokes & all...im w/ "ak" on this one thou, gotta cure the flatulence problem!
            Last edited by heavychevy383; 09-22-2009, 08:57 PM.

Comment

now i read elsewhere there wasnt much of a gain with headers without FI or spray, but i have seen these mid length headers with y pipe. soo maybe mid range gain. but how would a borla like the the one nitetime describe would sound on a gt2 cam with factory headers? (00 yr model). would i still get that rasp above 4k? what mods ur car got nitetime?

im running straight pipe no cat, and it sounds like a dream with the cam.

now im stuck between the Tsp rumbler and the borla muffler.

and one more thing how in the hell do i edit my signature? i cant find it anywhere
              Last edited by zzcamaro00; 09-22-2009, 10:05 PM.

Comment

i heard a 02 v8 firebird the other day with the slp loudmouth exhaust on it, sounded fantastic! anybody ever put one of those loudmouth setups on a v6 camaro? also met a dude here at a local cruze in with a 300zx that was running dual supertrapp mufflers, you can change the disc out to adjust the sound & backpressure, anybody ever run supertrapps on their ride? expensive but sounded cool, followed him down the road to the local burger joint after the cruze in & it never sounded ricey or fartpipeish at any rpm, albiet not the same engine, or anything else for that matter, but tempting from the tunability aspect, cam swap, add a turbo, whatever, just put in/take out disc & its stainless-what do yall think?

Comment

well I have a custom CAI, 180* thermo, B&M shift kit, and a bunch of other performanced replaced things, the CAI actually gave the car a much deeper tone, it's started to lose that but i think i just need a new filter..anyway, by december I plan to have all exhaust parts ready to be put on, I have played around online trying to find the best setup, I bought a while back two cats two glasspacks and two cherrybomb 45* cut tips, but couldn't find a shop willing to get their hands dirty and build me a true dual setup so I pitched out that idea, sold both cats, and i have heard glasspacks don't sound good on 3.8l so i'm in the process of craigslisting those, I don't know what exactly to do with the 3" tips, I heard those are too big and that I should get smaller ones. So right now what I'm looking at getting are

3" I/O HighFlow cat..probably the same one I had before I sold them, Thunderbolt brand...Now i've heard these will NOT throw codes, is that correct?????
                  then I haven't decided on what diameter piping to use from cat back, I heard 3" screws with the powerband and you feel like you lose torque?? I heard 2.5" is better for rasp???? It's a stock motor, maybe a while down the road I'll rebuild the motor and toss a cam into it along with some other engine work but for the stock motor what size will eliminate rasp and be overall th best??
                  ---Right before the axle I was going to put a cutout(bolt on so I can replace with straight pipe for inspection/emission time )
                  ---Then go into a dynomax single inlet/dual outlet muffler(which is better, super turbo or non???)
                  ---then I want the Cherrybomb 45 cut tips, stainless steel...but size to be determined..

HEADERS!!!!!- I read that they don't provide much over the tubular manifolds????? Possibly throw codes?? ARe they worth the money?

Any help to this setup and advice would be appreciated..different ppl tell me different things, obviously the owners of 3.8ls with exhaust would know better than I would.

Comment

headers make a big difference, even over tubular manifolds, and i dont know anyone who has thrown codes, worth the money, i got mine brand new for 225 shipped

i have 3" pipe, and i dont feel any loss in torque

i have a cutout right before the axle too, works great and i love it,

and on the tips, i dont like the way the 45* tips look on camaros, but its your car

Comment

alright, well i'm kinda leading toward turndowns now bc whathisname said they give a deeper tone bc the car acts as a resonator in a way with the ground..

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X