Replaced flowmaster with Dynomax, so so satisfied. - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Replaced flowmaster with Dynomax, so so satisfied.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Replaced flowmaster with Dynomax, so so satisfied.

im down to dyno max super turbo muffler or magna flow. but im expecting the magna flow wouldnt quite down that rasp above 4K correct?

Comment

Originally posted by zzcamaro00 View Post
      im down to dyno max super turbo muffler or magna flow. but im expecting the magna flow wouldnt quite down that rasp above 4K correct?
      correct

Comment

baller you got headers, borla cat back and a cut out? sound clip pleaseeeee?

I've been thinkin about putting a cut out on it but wasnt sure if it would be worth it.
        1998 Chevy Camaro 3.8
        1997 Chevy Camaro Z28 - SOLD 7-23-2011
        1996 Chevy Camaro Z28
        2001 Pontiac Firebird Formula

Comment

Originally posted by fredbmxer4life View Post
          I got my dynomax from streetsideauto same price as summit except they offer free shipping. And because i ordered saturday morning and monday was labor day i got it in on wednesday they did overnight shipping free for meon tuesday.

http://www.streetsideauto.com/produc...&ResetAPQ=True

Should of looked at the 3" internal Dynomax Super Turbo's , sound even better than the 2.5" internal ones. Mine is the 17674 but I might go bigger to the 17776 Super Turbo.
          Last edited by ssms5411; 09-18-2009, 12:24 AM.
          08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
          96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Originally posted by truekoa View Post
            baller you got headers, borla cat back and a cut out? sound clip pleaseeeee?

I've been thinkin about putting a cut out on it but wasnt sure if it would be worth it.
            yes sir indeed.

i need to make a new clip with a better camera, the mic on my digital gets overpowered when i try to get revs----but i'll see what i can do man.

but dont think twice about it----get an e-cutout! i drive with it open now that the 'maro isn't my DD, and it sounds fantastic with the full exhaust. i get mistaken for an ls1 all the time, and it sounds good at everything from idle to wide open.
            Last edited by BallerMaro13; 09-18-2009, 09:38 AM.
            pacesetters|full 3" borla exhaust|3" stainless e-cutout|slp cai & ram intake|c/f whisper lid|tbs|eibach|kyb|stb|sfc's|adj.lca's & phb|slp fan|b&m t5|180*|z06 17x9.5|8000k hids|hptuners|d/s rotors

sigpic
            gone in body, but not in spirit

Comment

kinda choppy idle clip from when i recently did my berger mod and tails: http://s552.photobucket.com/albums/j...t=DSCF0219.flv

can't really tell by the clip, but trust me, that idle is loud and deep enough to rattle the windows and floor in my room and even the slightest rev will vibrate things on my desk two floors above that garage.

i'll get some better quality and revs soon.
              Last edited by BallerMaro13; 09-18-2009, 09:48 AM.
              pacesetters|full 3" borla exhaust|3" stainless e-cutout|slp cai & ram intake|c/f whisper lid|tbs|eibach|kyb|stb|sfc's|adj.lca's & phb|slp fan|b&m t5|180*|z06 17x9.5|8000k hids|hptuners|d/s rotors

sigpic
              gone in body, but not in spirit

Comment

Just wondering, have any of you seen any flow comparisons for any of these mufflers you're talking about? I am still trying to figure out what I want to put on mine, and while I would prefer something on the quieter side, I also want the best flow possible. I know, those two objectives are pretty much opposite ends of the spectrum, but I'm sure there are some fairly good compromises. I haven't seen figures, but I have to believe something like the Magnaflow, or the Duynomax Ultra-Flo are going to be on the higher-flowing end, while the turbo or chambered mufflers are going to be on the quieter-more restrictive end. But again, I haven't seen any figures to back that up.

Comment

Originally posted by BallerMaro13 View Post
                  kinda choppy idle clip from when i recently did my berger mod and tails: http://s552.photobucket.com/albums/j...t=DSCF0219.flv

can't really tell by the clip, but trust me, that idle is loud and deep enough to rattle the windows and floor in my room and even the slightest rev will vibrate things on my desk two floors above that garage.

i'll get some better quality and revs soon.
                  No revs? J/K I can tell it would sound deeper in person, Sounds nice and clean at idle, thats why I hate sound clips, I'll see if I can get a vid of mine again, but someone might have to host it for me since I don't know how to attach stuff like that, i just got the hang of doing pics.LOL
                  08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
                  96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

I think I'm going to return this one and go for the 17776 Dynomax Super turbo muffler thats for a truck , bigger case and still has the 3" in and 2-2 1/2" out so i can run my (2) 3" gibson exhaust tips out back on the rivers side. I think with the bigger case it would sound deeper. Its worth a try, although the muffler I have right now sounds pretty good, I'm always looking for something better.

Comment

Originally posted by ssms5411 View Post
                      Should of looked at the 3" internal Dynomax Super Turbo's , sound even better than the 2.5" internal ones. Mine is the 17674 but I might go bigger to the 17776 Super Turbo.
                      Only have 2.5 intermediate coming back from cat would a 3 in 3 out really make any difference?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X