Replaced flowmaster with Dynomax, so so satisfied. - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Replaced flowmaster with Dynomax, so so satisfied.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replaced flowmaster with Dynomax, so so satisfied.

So flowmaster went bad replaced it with Dynomax Super Turbo muffler. Notice a great gain in power like with the flow it felt like motor was always under a load not with dynomax but man there is no noise. Felt like i went back to stock exhaust sounds just like my dads hawk with stock exhaust. (he refuses to do anything to it because its a firehawk, but he will paint the friggin calipers orange on a blue hawk... dont get him). Maybe its just me and the dynomax muffler needs to oxidize (thing smells really bad), but when i put flowmaster on they sounded great till they oxidized and lost a lot of noise.

Re: Replaced flowmaster with Dynomax, so so satisfied.

queue vr4gasm and ssms praise-a-thon.....

....now! haha

they will be very pleased with your efforts sir.
    Last edited by BallerMaro13; 09-15-2009, 09:57 PM.
    pacesetters|full 3" borla exhaust|3" stainless e-cutout|slp cai & ram intake|c/f whisper lid|tbs|eibach|kyb|stb|sfc's|adj.lca's & phb|slp fan|b&m t5|180*|z06 17x9.5|8000k hids|hptuners|d/s rotors

sigpic
    gone in body, but not in spirit

Comment

What ? Do we have a believer finally , wow ,surprised noone has asked for a sound clip yet.LOL
      08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
      96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

then i demand a sound clip~!!!!

or BAN! lol
        pacesetters|full 3" borla exhaust|3" stainless e-cutout|slp cai & ram intake|c/f whisper lid|tbs|eibach|kyb|stb|sfc's|adj.lca's & phb|slp fan|b&m t5|180*|z06 17x9.5|8000k hids|hptuners|d/s rotors

sigpic

Comment

Girlfriend has my camera will get one up tomorrow when i see her. Phone sucks will have to hold it to the exhaust pipe just to hear anything lol.

Comment

Originally posted by ssms5411 View Post
            What ? Do we have a believer finally , wow ,surprised noone has asked for a sound clip yet.LOL
            thats when u queue me!

yes we need a sound clip of this all powerful yet cheap muffler!

Comment

Originally posted by venom3300 View Post
              thats when u queue me!

yes we need a sound clip of this all powerful yet cheap muffler!
              $65 isn't cheap , the Summit one is $25 so its pretty cheap, Dynomax is well designed.
              08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
              96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Originally posted by ssms5411 View Post
                $65 isn't cheap , the Summit one is $25 so its pretty cheap, Dynomax is well designed.
                Gonna have to agree with ssms here. I gutted my flowmaster and it was like 40 bucks when i bought it and i cant believe what was inside it i paid was 40 bucks. Now i know why they are cheap it only lasted two years. The dynomax was a bit heavier but just by looks you can tell its constructed better.

Comment

I don't think there's any difference between Flowmaster and Dynomax. I think your Flowmaster was just bad to begin with. I currently have Flowmaster on my 89. I had Dynomax in it in the beginning.

Now with Borla that's a different story.

1998 Firebird . 1989 Firebird XS . 1986 Fiero GT

Comment

I bouhgt a Borla XR-1 something like that it was just a straight through design , returned it for the Dynomax. The Borla really didn't impress me much, for the money the Summit turbo is the best.
                    Last edited by ssms5411; 09-16-2009, 05:18 AM.

Comment

I've never had any problems with flowmasters... pretty much all I've ever used on all my cars/trucks...

except for my van... that had dual cherry bombs :)
                      Rebuilding the engine... Building a custom front end... T-top conversion... Custom rear hatch..
                      Custom interior...

TEAM NoVa

Comment

I had the 80 series on my car didn't like it, I had a 40 series it was O.K. better than the 80 series, then just got caught up in the Dynomaxs and they are best I have heard yet on my car. I actually had a RK sport dynomax setup when I first bought the car in 96' with the tailpipes and for stock pipes it didn't sound too bad. I have had too many mufflers in almost 14 years owning my car.LOL

Comment

woooo another dynomax on an fbody :) wasn't the poser gain really nice going from the flowmaster to the dynomax?
                          2001 Camaro 3.8 A4
                          1991 3000GT VR4
                          2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS

Comment

Originally posted by Mighty Thor View Post
                            I don't think there's any difference between Flowmaster and Dynomax. I think your Flowmaster was just bad to begin with. I currently have Flowmaster on my 89. I had Dynomax in it in the beginning.

Now with Borla that's a different story.
                            i gunna go with him on this, bc my flowmaster hasnt given me any trouble, and looks to fairly well built for the money

Comment

i ran flowmaster for years on the 'maro, and she sounded good at idle, but it was embarrassing to rev her up sometimes---got really raspy.

when i decided to replace everything and go full exhaust i said the hell with it i'm getting the best if im redoing this---so borla it was. it's fantastic and worth every penny IMO (lots of pennies tho haha)

when i ripped my flowmaster out it had rusted through and had leaks and was in rooooough shape, but i can say it served its time and i was happy with it for the most part. I actually just put a flowmaster muffler on my jeep, so i'm not against them by any means.

i've never heard a super turbo in person, but from vids and what i can infer about them---it's not gonna compare to headers and a full borla exhaust with a cutout---which sounds ungodly compared to my old setup. i've been told, "dude she sounds like ur opening the gates of hell when you get on it" (in a good way) lol.
                              Last edited by BallerMaro13; 09-16-2009, 12:06 PM.

sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X