fuel pouring out of intake on attempted start up - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

fuel pouring out of intake on attempted start up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: fuel pouring out of intake on attempted start up

Originally posted by ne0hisda0ne View Post
    well if it's an injector you can always tell just by unplugging 1 at a time and seeing if the "stream" of fuel goes away...
    If an injector is stuck open, would it keep "streaming" even if it is electrically unplugged? If it's physically "stuck" open, i suppose??......idk... i have no idea.....

It makes sense if it is being electrically held open, meaning the PCM is constantly holding it as Rob Bell mentioned.

Comment

Originally posted by dafirebird View Post
      If an injector is stuck open, would it keep "streaming" even if it is electrically unplugged? If it's physically "stuck" open, i suppose??......idk... i have no idea.....

It makes sense if it is being electrically held open, meaning the PCM is constantly holding it as Rob Bell mentioned.
      yeah you make a good point...

but for the amount of fuel, as Rob has already stated prolly means several injectors are stuck open...what are the chances several injectors get "physically" stuck open? unless this has been a small issue and over time this has happened...

I'd check your spark plugs too...bet there cooked...prolly why it's hard to start the vehicle...I want pics of the plugs... :)

Comment

Just be careful unplugging and plugging things under there with fuel all over the place... spark=bad news
        Rebuilding the engine... Building a custom front end... T-top conversion... Custom rear hatch..
        Custom interior...

TEAM NoVa

Comment

If an injector stuck open, it would pour gas into the engine, not the air box. It would have to go up before it goes down and Newton's law of gravity won't allow that to happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Opontee View Post
            If an injector stuck open, it would pour gas into the engine, not the air box. It would have to go up before it goes down and Newton's law of gravity won't allow that to happen.
            Good point, and I would also think that if the fuel puddled against a closed intake valve, as soon as that valve opened, liquid fuel would dump into the cylinder causing a hydro lock. But what else in there could possibly leak fuel, besides the injectors? Unless the O-ring on one or more of them is bad, allowing fuel to escape around the injector tip.
            2002 Silver Firebird A4<br />T-Tops, Leather, Y87, W68, Chrome Wheels<br />Bone Stock

Comment

If an o-ring was bad the fuel would be comming out onto the manifold instead of down into the intake... the open injector theory would mean that the entire intake manifold would have to be a sea of gas before it would flow into the intake tubing which would not be an instant action...

But if you still want to test the theory... remove a few plugs and have someone turn it over... if there is that much fuel in there it should look like a whales blow-hole
              Last edited by Frechles71; 06-18-2009, 09:26 AM.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X