Performance?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Performance?

its my understanding that they did it to the z28s so that they could put the higher hp rating on the ss so you felt like you were getting more for paying more.
    Team NoVa

2000 Firebird- Intake, Pacesetters, !cat, full 2.5 to flowcrapster, 1.9 rockers, LS6 springs and Intense modded retainers, WS6 speedlines, T/A bumpers and hatch, 5 spd swapped, SOON TO BE nitrous'd and cammed.

Comment

Originally posted by ne0hisda0ne View Post
      well I believe you I was just asking how it can be legal.
      if u have a v8, insurance goes up... doesnt matter if its 300hp or 330hp

and from wht i hear the ls1 really runs 330hp not 305hp... they want to make sure it didnt look as powerful on paper

Comment

Originally posted by ne0hisda0ne View Post
        well I believe you I was just asking how it can be legal.
        You haven't jumped too far into the world of business and advertising, have you? Insurance isn't directly affected by horsepower. It's affected by other factors.

Originally posted by flamingchicken View Post
        its my understanding that they did it to the z28s so that they could put the higher hp rating on the ss so you felt like you were getting more for paying more.
        They underrated the LS1 found in the F-bodies to push sales of their flagship performance vehicle, the Corvette. Make it look like the price tag difference between the LS1 F-body and the LS1 Corvette is not only in looks and feel, but also performance.
        '99 Camaro
        '04 Saab 9-3 Aero
        '90 Audi Coupe Quattro

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X