Re: Performance?

Originally posted by Blizzard242 View Post
      Change your rockers. They're so easy.
      yea, and get that back breaking 200 rwhp

Comment

Originally posted by Smoke Panther View Post
        yea, and get that back breaking 200 rwhp
        He's obviously going for anything easy to do. So why not?

TEAM C6V6

Comment

Originally posted by Blizzard242 View Post
          So why not?
          considering you can hit those numbers with full bolt-ons (the essentials for anyone who wants to mod their car the right way) and a good tune...nah, it's just something to piss away an afternoon and several hundred dollars with

Comment

^tell me one car with just bolt ons and a tune putting 200whp. maybe 185ish.
            Team NoVa

2000 Firebird- Intake, Pacesetters, !cat, full 2.5 to flowcrapster, 1.9 rockers, LS6 springs and Intense modded retainers, WS6 speedlines, T/A bumpers and hatch, 5 spd swapped, SOON TO BE nitrous'd and cammed.

Comment

Originally posted by flamingchicken View Post
              ^ Thats true highest I have seen is around 185 stock dyno with bolt -ons, no cam and Meatyshells with his 1.9 rockers dynoed like 205 or 210 with 105LB springs etc.
              08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
              96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

you don't think it's possible to gain just 35 on the wheels with full bolt-ons and a tune??
                pacesetters|full 3" borla exhaust|3" stainless e-cutout|slp cai & ram intake|c/f whisper lid|tbs|eibach|kyb|stb|sfc's|adj.lca's & phb|slp fan|b&m t5|180*|z06 17x9.5|8000k hids|hptuners|d/s rotors

sigpic
                gone in body, but not in spirit

Comment

what is our stock rwhp, surely not 165 is it? I was thinking maybe 180-185?

Comment

unfortunately with close to a 17% loss to the wheels with our cars, yeah it's in the upper 160's rwhp
                    pacesetters|full 3" borla exhaust|3" stainless e-cutout|slp cai & ram intake|c/f whisper lid|tbs|eibach|kyb|stb|sfc's|adj.lca's & phb|slp fan|b&m t5|180*|z06 17x9.5|8000k hids|hptuners|d/s rotors

sigpic
                    gone in body, but not in spirit

Comment

That doesn't add up then for the LS1. Advertised hp is 325hp right? so 17% loss to the wheels would be about 56hp. So around 270 rwhp for the LS1. I read everywhere that the rwhp on the LS1 is 300hp though. Is the LS1 hp rating of the rear wheels or crank?

Doh, sorry...you said 17% for our cars...so what's the loss for an ls1? less than 10%? Is this due to it's drivetrain?
                      Last edited by ne0hisda0ne; 05-28-2009, 11:03 AM.

Comment

what is our stock rwhp, surely not 165 is it? I was thinking maybe 180-185?
                        the dyno chart i found on K&N website shows like 157, then you bolt on their FIPK kit and get like 164.
                        found it. http://www.knfilters.com/dynocharts/57-3041_dyno.pdf

That doesn't add up then for the LS1. Advertised hp is 325hp right? so 17% loss to the wheels would be about 56hp. So around 270 rwhp for the LS1. I read everywhere that the rwhp on the LS1 is 300hp though. Is the LS1 hp rating of the rear wheels or crank?

Doh, sorry...you said 17% for our cars...so what's the loss for an ls1? less than 10%? Is this due to it's drivetrain?
                        automatic drivetrains cause a loss of roughly 17%. its less with a standard tranny. close to the same with any automatic. the 6-speed in the LS cars causes less parasitic drain and gets more power to the wheels.
                        Team NoVa

2000 Firebird- Intake, Pacesetters, !cat, full 2.5 to flowcrapster, 1.9 rockers, LS6 springs and Intense modded retainers, WS6 speedlines, T/A bumpers and hatch, 5 spd swapped, SOON TO BE nitrous'd and cammed.

Comment

Originally posted by flamingchicken View Post
                          http://www.fullthrottlev6.com/forums...ad.php?t=48299
                          ^Got 188.9 rwhp, and that's with log manifolds and, although larger than stock, a pretty small exhaust
                          Originally posted by ssms5411 View Post
                          ^ Thats true highest I have seen is around 185 stock dyno with bolt -ons, no cam
                          then you should probably look around a bit more

and Meatyshells with his 1.9 rockers dynoed like 205 or 210 with 105LB springs etc.
                          He also had headwork done, which a little goes a long way with 3800s

Originally posted by ne0hisda0ne View Post

LS1's advertised power was underrated from the factory.

Comment

is that not illegal? I know it's for insurance reasons, but I mean come on...showing LS1's with just an intake lid getting close to 325rwhp...that's crazy...and bs if you ask me...

Comment

Originally posted by ne0hisda0ne View Post
                              is that not illegal?
                              GM did it for years. Ask anyone on LS1tech

Comment

well I believe you I was just asking how it can be legal.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X