Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: '01 camaro mods?

Originally posted by crazytrain65 View Post
    I read the whole article...it has dyno charts at the end. Intake is 1.85 and exhaust is 1.8 i believe. ER seems to have a lot better top end and better RPM range in the dyno charts.
    I know what the charts say, but would you trust welded rockers in your engine? In the end it's your decision. You have my opinion. Good luck.

P.S. I'm no expert.

TEAM C6V6

Comment

i like zzp, they totally do their research when it comes to aproduct they sell or endorse....
      Team NoVa

2000 Firebird- Intake, Pacesetters, !cat, full 2.5 to flowcrapster, 1.9 rockers, LS6 springs and Intense modded retainers, WS6 speedlines, T/A bumpers and hatch, 5 spd swapped, SOON TO BE nitrous'd and cammed.

Comment

Lol idk what ill do but i do appreciate your opinion! Not saying your wrong and I KNOW i'm not right =P juss sayin. So rockers lifters....what about pushrods and valvesprings?
        auto, aluminum driveshaft, Fast Toys Ram Air, !air silencer, smoothed lid, Pacesetter shorties, 2 1/2" exhaust, !cat

New Time:
        15.11@91.14
        Team 3M Mafia

New Times coming soon

Comment

did you read my post??
          Team NoVa

2000 Firebird- Intake, Pacesetters, !cat, full 2.5 to flowcrapster, 1.9 rockers, LS6 springs and Intense modded retainers, WS6 speedlines, T/A bumpers and hatch, 5 spd swapped, SOON TO BE nitrous'd and cammed.

Comment

abbott stage 3 heads package ftw! that's all the homework you gotta do haha

everything has it's price.
            Last edited by BallerMaro13; 04-30-2009, 10:58 PM.
            pacesetters|full 3" borla exhaust|3" stainless e-cutout|slp cai & ram intake|c/f whisper lid|tbs|eibach|kyb|stb|sfc's|adj.lca's & phb|slp fan|b&m t5|180*|z06 17x9.5|8000k hids|hptuners|d/s rotors

sigpic
            gone in body, but not in spirit

Comment

lol good point! sorry. ls6 springs run bout $150 or so? And how much were the retainers, and are they really needed?

and yea right! I can't afford them abbot heads
              auto, aluminum driveshaft, Fast Toys Ram Air, !air silencer, smoothed lid, Pacesetter shorties, 2 1/2" exhaust, !cat

New Time:
              15.11@91.14
              Team 3M Mafia

New Times coming soon

Comment

lol, 100 for the springs and the retainers are needed. there is something on zzp website about the need for the retainers to give the valves the proper installed height with the use of the ls6 springs.
                Team NoVa

Comment

put away 5 dollars a day and you'll have them by next spring haha.

they're on my wishlist.
                  pacesetters|full 3" borla exhaust|3" stainless e-cutout|slp cai & ram intake|c/f whisper lid|tbs|eibach|kyb|stb|sfc's|adj.lca's & phb|slp fan|b&m t5|180*|z06 17x9.5|8000k hids|hptuners|d/s rotors

sigpic

Comment

haha, well I started my job again and can have it saved in no time =D. wat would all this run, about $500 or so?

New Time:
                    15.11@91.14
                    Team 3M Mafia

New Times coming soon

Comment

Lol idk what ill do but i do appreciate your opinion! Not saying your wrong and I KNOW i'm not right =P juss sayin. So rockers lifters....what about pushrods and valvesprings?
                      Oh don't get me wrong, no hard feelings at all. It's one of those things only experience will tell.

As far as valvesprings, it depends on how high your rpms will go. You don't want to tune it for higher shift points without upgrading these or else you'll get valve float. That's no good. I run comp 105's. My shift is near 6k.

There's a lot of info about all of this stuff all over this board that can help you better than I could. I'm tired and I can't recall a ton of info right now so it's my bed time. Use that "Search" function, it's a pain to sift through a lot of crap posts but you can find what you need to know.

TEAM C6V6

Comment

sounds about right. 6 bucks a day saved will get you all of the above and stage 3 abbott.

food for your thought sir.

sigpic

Comment

haha, well I started my job again and can have it saved in no time =D. wat would all this run, about $500 or so?
                          what year is your car? auto?
                          Team NoVa

Comment

Originally posted by Blizzard242 View Post
                            Oh don't get me wrong, no hard feelings at all. It's one of those things only experience will tell.

As far as valvesprings, it depends on how high your rpms will go. You don't want to tune it for higher shift points without upgrading these or else you'll get valve float. That's no good. I run comp 105's. My shift is near 6k.

There's a lot of info about all of this stuff all over this board that can help you better than I could. I'm tired and I can't recall a ton of info right now so it's my bed time. Use that "Search" function, it's a pain to sift through a lot of crap posts but you can find what you need to know.
                            Well i might as well just buy the valve springs and retainers and what not. I'll search for some more info on here.

But how much does an abbott p&P or w.e cost?

New Time:
                            15.11@91.14
                            Team 3M Mafia

New Times coming soon

Comment

http://www.abbottracingheads.com/gm3800.htm

TEAM C6V6

Comment

abbottracingheads.com

sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• LETZRIDE
                                  New Owner!
                                  by LETZRIDE
                                  I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
                                  3 days ago
                                • ssms5411
                                  Little work today
                                  by ssms5411
                                  Went ahead and moved my starter wire from the back, to the front again since it had no effect on my drain on the battery. Also made me nervous driving...
                                  2 weeks ago
                                • LETZRIDE
                                  Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
                                  by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
                                  Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
                                  By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
                                  Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
                                  02-07-2020, 10:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X