• Show
Clear All

Re: shift hard=car boggs

So Frost is your leading tuner in VA?

TEAM C6V6

Comment

Lol what the hell

Frost didnt tell me or disable it in my car.

I heard it from someone else tonight and figured Id post incase anyone else has this problem. The guy told me its the 1st-2nd shift.

Thanks again Cam98aro

Comment

Still having this problem. Went to the track and Saturday and powershifted into 3rd and it bogged for about 60 ft, let out got back in it and then powered into 4th, bogged.

Im gonna drive with a scanner (forgot its name) hooked up and see whats goin on.

Installed a new clutch and master. Gonna wait till i run the scanner but Im thinkin it may be the MAF or Throttle position sensor, possibly the fuel pump. It may be working but doesnt have the volume when I need more. MAYBE. No engine light when it boggs so the scanner should pic up on any glitches.

Comment

I think you just need a V8.

Comment

Chevy350, make sure everything is in good working order on the car, all ground wires are good and your trans and engine mounts aren't worn out.

Make sure your torque settings and transmission abuse tables are all OFF. It might be picking up something like that and retarding your throttle/timing to drivetrain damage. I've heard of some cars before getting KR when powershifting but that's because of how sensitive our knock sensors can be.

Originally posted by Slowside View Post
            I think you just need a V8.
            And yet here you sit...on a V6 forum.

Comment

I had the same problem on my 2010 Kia Forte SX with a manual 6 speeds. The problem was that I had to turn off something that was keeping the cars from spinning tires, this is kind of a security features. I just need to press a button with a car draw on it that seem to go sideways and now I can spin them like I want and it doesn't "bog" down anymore when I shift it hard. Maybe they put something similar in 99 on your Camaro? I'm not familiar at all with anything newer than 89 F-Body lol. Sorry if this was stupid, just trying to help lol

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X