No announcement yet.

UPDATE: Help Me Fix My Car!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mine did something similar to that, but it was the cat being fuuuuucked.
    \'97 Camaro: GN Turbo w/intercooler, 3.42s w/ Auburn HD posi, Bulletproof 4L60E-HD, stage II shift kit, Vette servo, MSD Ign, K&N, Ported TB/MAF, 3\" FlowMaster, 160* thermo, HPTuners v1.6

Comment

Update: I replaced the MAF. The car started with no reduced engine light! Problem solved right? WRONG! Now it idles fine, but when you put it in gear and drive the whole car shake like the alignment is seriously messed up, almost like ridding on a flat tire. It pulsates through the exhaust. I still have the SES code and am pondering how to scan it. Cant drive it to AZ like this, and no suitable tow car. I might go buy a cheap scanner. Where can I get one? ALso, leaving the baterry unplugged resets the PCM, would it also reset the SES? SInce the light is still on and I have reset the PCM, just curious if that means the code is still being set, or if it could be the same thing since the car first started acting up. Thank you for all your help, and maybe some day my car will be drivable again.
      Please continue support.....
      John

Comment

I almost forgot, It takes a few seconds to fire up.

Comment

Plug wires on backwards or something. WTF did you do to have all that off, anyway?
          -Rob
          <b>97 Camaro 3.8L M5</b><br />Car for sale<a href=\"http://terpmotors.com\" target=\"_blank\">terpmotors.com</a> Terrapin Motorsports! UMCP

Comment

Plug wires are all in order. I took the throttle body off to clean it and the MAF had too come out because of that. The gasket was leaking coolant. It was cracked. i replaced it and put the TB back on after cleaning the intake. The plugs where off because I did a compression test. The test showed everything in working order. The reason for the compression test was my exahsuit smokes white smoke sometimes, and the exhaust is louder than it should be and sounded buzzy. I think that Cat is bad, and maybe blown head gasket caused it so the compression test told me I was wrong.

Comment

get codes scanned you'll know the problem

Comment

aye... try to have an auto zone guy drive to your house to scan it.. something!
                ~The Guru\'s Guru~<br />1999 Camaro,K&N,!MAF<br />!airsilencer,3.08s,<br />NGK-TR6\'s,Taylor Blue 8mm wires,FRAM,A4,Catco Cat, Magnaflow 3 inch catback,transgo shift kit<br />Waiting: RK sport headers, custom y pipe electric cutout<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/divinejc\" target=\"_blank\">www.cardomain.com/id/divinejc</a>

Comment

Updated May 3rd, 2004:
                  The story: I though my head gasket was going. My exhaust sometimes would smoke white smoke. My exhaust was also louder than it should be, making me think my cat was bad. I ran a compression test. Everything looked good. I noticed the throttle body gasket was leaking a little, and said what the heck and replaced it and cleaned the intake. It the process the MAF got wet. My MAF was messed up to begin with if anyone remembers, half of it was missing, and I didnt trim it, but anyway. Without the new MAF, the car would start up (sometimes take a little longer than usual) and when you drive but it lurches, not violently, but still extremly noticible and undrivable. It pulsates if you will. I had a reduced engine power light. I replaced MAF and the reduced engine power light when out, but the car still wouldnt run right. Today I was going to take it in to scan the code, but the SES light was off. The exhaust smell is pretty nausiating(SP?). The problem is still there. Again, it starts up either fine, or takes a little longer, it then might sputter a little or idle decent. When you drive or rev it doesnt get the rpms up smoothly. It lurches, putters, pulsates, or whatever you call it. I am running out of options, I dont know what to do. I dont have any money and I need a car. What could cause this? Any ideas are greatly appreciated. Thank you for your time,
                  John

Comment

We already told you: get the codes scanned. Even if SES light is not on, the code will be stored in memory.

Could be maf, tps, oxygen sensors, etc.. you name it.

To make sure you're not burning coolant simply measure how much coolant you have right now, then measure again few days later... and you'll know.

Make sure you don't open coolant cup when the enngine and water are hot.

Comment

The codes where scanned. Nothing! The MAF is brand new....

Comment

Alot of people have mentioned TSP. Is their anyway to know for sure without just replacing the whole TB? I have a 2000, so its and electronic TB. Thanks!

Comment

TTT - Alot of people have mentioned TSP. Is their anyway to know for sure without just replacing the whole TB? I have a 2000, so its and electronic TB. Thanks!

Comment

I;m having the same problems. Started after I had my new cam put in, Ported throttel body, installed headers, 3inch exahust and reinstalled my SC. The grease monkey gave me a BS answer saying the was too much air going into the car.

The car would stall all the time.

I also get rmp and AMP fluctuations.

I got some of it fixed by having the vacum hoses redone, the guy put them on wrong.

I'm still trying to get the problem fix.

I'm bringing it back to another guy this week.

Let me know if you figure it out what it is.

I've also changed the MAF sensor too.

Comment

My car is now fixed. After MAF, Coils, Wires, and Plugs, its back to its good old self again.

Comment

GLAD TO HEAR IT [img]smile.gif[/img]
                                www.turbov6camaro.com
                                1997 3800 Series II Camaro
                                4600 Stall for my ride to the mall :chug:
                                7.18 @ 99.77 1/8 -1.8x sixty (current quickest v6 fbod)
                                11.23 @ unk 5 1/4 - 7.19 1/8 - 1.83 sixty

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X