Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: starting the car

Originally posted by truekoa View Post
    I have a Corolla that I can resort to. But I don't think it has that much problems anymore.

I tried the idea blizzard gave me and the car starts up fine. I have to do once or twice but at least its not six or seven! Thanks alot!

I got the AC fixed and its running properly now.

Do you think anything else is wrong with it?
    Your fuel pump might be on it's way out. But just for fun I'd change the fuel filter here real soon before you touch the pump. It's a lot easier and a lot cheaper. Could be possibly getting clogged which is what might be causing the slow build up of fuel pressure. Either that, or like I said.. the fuel pump is going out. In which case someone here has an awesome writeup on how to change it without dropping the whole tank out. I did it myself when I bought the higher flow 255lph pump. Works great.

TEAM C6V6

Comment

Originally posted by Blizzard242 View Post
      Your fuel pump might be on it's way out. But just for fun I'd change the fuel filter here real soon before you touch the pump. It's a lot easier and a lot cheaper. Could be possibly getting clogged which is what might be causing the slow build up of fuel pressure. Either that, or like I said.. the fuel pump is going out. In which case someone here has an awesome writeup on how to change it without dropping the whole tank out. I did it myself when I bought the higher flow 255lph pump. Works great.

Hmmm... do you know a good place to get them. I'm looking around but there are around 250 ish unless thats the price for them?

this is the one i found http://www.andysautosport.com/chevro...uel_pumps/bbk/

Also could you explain to me what to find in buying a fuel pump? like the differences what makes one better than the other?
      Last edited by truekoa; 06-16-2008, 09:31 PM.
      1998 Chevy Camaro 3.8
      1997 Chevy Camaro Z28 - SOLD 7-23-2011
      1996 Chevy Camaro Z28
      2001 Pontiac Firebird Formula

Comment

I'll show you the exact place I bought one for my car. It will work just fine for you too even without performance mods.

Go here.
        http://autoperformanceengineering.com/

Click on "applications" in the left column.

Then you'll have to look some but in the Table towards the top left it will say "LT1 owners read this" <click on the read this. Scroll down and theres a BUY LT1 kit button. It's the best pump you can get for your car and it's less than half the price of the pump you found. I installed it on my 98 so if you have any questions or need any help that you can't get from that write up then feel free to ask. I'll go see if I can find that write up for you while I'm at it.

TEAM C6V6

Comment

Originally posted by Blizzard242 View Post
          I'll show you the exact place I bought one for my car. It will work just fine for you too even without performance mods.

Go here.
          http://autoperformanceengineering.com/

Click on "applications" in the left column.

Then you'll have to look some but in the Table towards the top left it will say "LT1 owners read this" <click on the read this. Scroll down and theres a BUY LT1 kit button. It's the best pump you can get for your car and it's less than half the price of the pump you found. I installed it on my 98 so if you have any questions or need any help that you can't get from that write up then feel free to ask. I'll go see if I can find that write up for you while I'm at it.
          okay i found the fuel pump. how much work am I in for?
          1998 Chevy Camaro 3.8
          1996 Chevy Camaro Z28

Comment

i changed my fuel filter and it didnt help.

Comment

Originally posted by FastRidesOnly.com View Post
              i changed my fuel filter and it didnt help.
              Really? So how did you fix the problem? or are you still struggling?

The idea blizzard gave me to leave the key in the on position and waiting awhile really helps. It only takes two times max now compared to the 5-6 tries I had to do in the beginning.
              1998 Chevy Camaro 3.8
              1996 Chevy Camaro Z28

Comment

It sounds like to me that the engine isnt getting enough gas... you first said it took 5-6 times of trying but now only takes 1-2 times if you let the fuel pump prime up, to me that sounds like a fuel delivery problem somewhere in the fuel system...just my 2 cents

Comment

Originally posted by vectra View Post
                  It sounds like to me that the engine isnt getting enough gas... you first said it took 5-6 times of trying but now only takes 1-2 times if you let the fuel pump prime up, to me that sounds like a fuel delivery problem somewhere in the fuel system...just my 2 cents
                  well my friend checked everything and said everything seemed fine. The fuel injectors and spark plugs are new. Thats what some ppl told me was causing the problem but those parts were replaced before hand. I was told the started isn't the problem so I really thought the fuel pump was the issue.
                  But the idea of leaving it on to let the gas get to the engine works fine.
                  1998 Chevy Camaro 3.8
                  1996 Chevy Camaro Z28

Comment

Originally posted by vectra View Post
                    You're a genius. :rolleyes:

TEAM C6V6

Comment

Originally posted by truekoa View Post
                      okay i found the fuel pump. how much work am I in for?
                      http://www.geocities.com/formulapower2/fuelpump.html

http://forum.camarov6.com/showthread.php?t=63734

TEAM C6V6

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X