Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: starting the car

Originally posted by Blizzard242 View Post
    So did ya try just putting it in the on position for a minute before cranking it?
    No not yet I'm away in college right now so I'll check that first thing I get home this weekend.
    1998 Chevy Camaro 3.8
    1997 Chevy Camaro Z28 - SOLD 7-23-2011
    1996 Chevy Camaro Z28
    2001 Pontiac Firebird Formula

Comment

Originally posted by truekoa View Post
      No not yet I'm away in college right now so I'll check that first thing I get home this weekend.
      Ohh I see, gotcha. lol im excited to help. I'm just getting good at this stuff.

TEAM C6V6

Comment

Originally posted by Blizzard242 View Post
        Ohh I see, gotcha. lol im excited to help. I'm just getting good at this stuff.
        lol and I appreciate your help. im coming to you from now on, you do know that right. lol
        1998 Chevy Camaro 3.8
        1996 Chevy Camaro Z28

Comment

lol and I appreciate your help. im coming to you from now on, you do know that right. lol
          Let me emphasize the fact that i'm just getting good at this. There are a lot of other people here that know a ton more that can help too. I mean, they're the ones who taught me basically everything that I do know.

TEAM C6V6

Comment

ohh lol well thats cool maybe I can do the same.
            1998 Chevy Camaro 3.8
            1996 Chevy Camaro Z28

Comment

Originally posted by nascar24jd View Post
              Welcome...

#2 - You can press the gas pedal a little if that helps. It will not flood your engine, as our cars have fuel injection, not a carburetor.
              I was about to post that. "gas" pedal is kind of a misleading name. Should be called throttle pedal or something

since that seems to help, your compy or sensors might be jacked up. Is it throwing any codes (or service engine light?)

Comment

Originally posted by zpwn06 View Post
                I was about to post that. "gas" pedal is kind of a misleading name. Should be called throttle pedal or something

since that seems to help, your compy or sensors might be jacked up. Is it throwing any codes (or service engine light?)
                Yes!

sometimes my check engine light comes on every now and then.

the first time one of my spark plugs came off so the light went on.

but every now and then the light comes on randomly and goes away on its own which is why I don't really pay attention to it.
                1998 Chevy Camaro 3.8
                1996 Chevy Camaro Z28

Comment

lmao, what else did you get "gas pedal" confused with?

Yes!

sometimes my check engine light comes on every now and then.

but every now and then the light comes on randomly and goes away on its own which is why I don't really pay attention to it.
                  Get a cheapo scanner at autozone or somewhere similar. Those are always handy when figuring out what's going on with your car. The SES light comes on for a lot of different reasons and it's always useful to the person who's trying to fix your car to know what codes are being thrown. You don't even have to know what the codes mean yourself, you could like many others do, just write down the code and post it up here. That would probably be a really good idea for you to do.

I was driving my gf's car and her SES light came on and shes like oh just ignore that it happens all the time. I was like, :eek: you're kidding me. Yeah then her car started overheating. That's not good for anything. And the moral of the story is, don't ignore your SES light.

TEAM C6V6

Comment

Yes!

came off? like...fell out?...what?!

Comment

Another idea may be that there's a vacuum elbow on the left side of the throttle body that will go bad, causing a vacuum leak. That's the first thing I thought of when he said that it idles up, then down and sometimes quits.Sounds like this would be the easiest starting point. Only bad thing is that the elbow is bigger on one side than the other. Just a thought.

Comment

came off? like...fell out?...what?!
                        Yeah it just fell out. From what I heard the sparkplugs are really secure so I don't really know how it happened.

I'll try the scanner idea thing it seems like a good thought.

I just recalled another problem that I believe is related to the starter problem.
                        Once I get the car running and accerlerate to about 40 or so I can feel heat near my legs on the passenger and driver side. I know the engine is really close in but it shouldn't do that right? This also only happens after the car starts up and when I floor it. Somtimes randomly as well.
                        Last edited by truekoa; 06-13-2008, 02:29 PM.
                        1998 Chevy Camaro 3.8
                        1996 Chevy Camaro Z28

Comment

....I think If I were you I'd sell that car, tomorrow.

Comment

....I think If I were you I'd sell that car, tomorrow.
                            no its mine!
                            1998 Chevy Camaro 3.8
                            1996 Chevy Camaro Z28

Comment

no its mine!
                              alrighty. Well I wouldn't drive it too much until you figure out what the heck is wrong. You have another vehicle/good friends/bus pass?

Comment

alrighty. Well I wouldn't drive it too much until you figure out what the heck is wrong. You have another vehicle/good friends/bus pass?
                                I have a Corolla that I can resort to. But I don't think it has that much problems anymore.

I tried the idea blizzard gave me and the car starts up fine. I have to do once or twice but at least its not six or seven! Thanks alot!

I got the AC fixed and its running properly now.

Do you think anything else is wrong with it?
                                1998 Chevy Camaro 3.8
                                1996 Chevy Camaro Z28

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X