Project finished, doesn't look good. - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Project finished, doesn't look good.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Project finished, doesn't look good.

I have $50 its and EGR code

Comment

Originally posted by nightrider2 View Post
      it sounds like because your getting more air/fuel its having an effect like an old carbed motor with a carb thats to big. You loading up, be careful of that because excess gas in the cylinder will "wash them". when it does that just give a tap on the gas and it will stop. You need a tune is all. make a few more mods and call FAST, they can do a custom chip for about $300

FAST does not do chips for the 93 3.4, in fact pracitcally nobody tunes my pcm.

i would get the code read but every place i have ever went, they're equipment does not work on my car. I've been to like 5 advance auto or autozones, none of them work. should i just go out and buy a new IAC valve??
      thanks

max

Comment

93 v6.....fun, we get to do ol' school diagnostic....

it would be ignorant to tell you to get the new part when thats likely not the problem, or a very small part of it.

1st of all what style obd port does it have, it should be the square box with the horizontal tangs on the side, correct?

Comment

93 v6.....fun, we get to do ol' school diagnostic....

it would be ignorant to tell you to get the new part when thats likely not the problem, or a very small part of it.

1st of all what style obd port does it have, it should be the square box with the horizontal tangs on the side, correct?

yeah thats the style. People have tried the electronic scan tool and even the blinking key method and neither have ever worked.

No need to be ignorant, as i took the liberty of being a pioneer of science and discovery! Meaning of course that i went out and bought a new IAC valve and TPS sensor just for ****s and giggles, a lovely 70$ dent in my wallet, but if it fixes the prob then it's OK with me. I installed both of them and started her up. She seemed to run better than before and no code for the few minutes i had it running (previously the code would come on a few secs after start up)

so if thats the case and one of those sensors was the SES than looks like i'll be 50$ richer :rock:

anyhow, to be fair i haven't actually DRIVEN it yet, which no doubt is of the utmost importance in this case but as of now, so far so good.

Excelsior! :slap:

Comment

take it for a nice long ride maybe out to jersey on a weekend ;)

Comment

take it for a nice long ride maybe out to jersey on a weekend ;)

hahah i might have to, i hear jersey is the only place with Reasonable gas prices. :rant:

anyhow, i'm kind of upset to have to drop 70 bucks on 2 sensors, but at least if theres any more probs i'll no they aren't it. :rolleyes:

Comment

bring it on down lol, we can get some of the area members together and see what the deal is with that thing

Comment

Well, I hope you solved the problem. It sounds like you did.

Comment

bring it on down lol, we can get some of the area members together and see what the deal is with that thing
                    yeah, we'll toss a Cam in or somethin :banana:

Comment

• Re: Project finished, doesn't look good.

Originally posted by nascar24jd View Post
                      Well, I hope you solved the problem. It sounds like you did.
                      thanks man, the only prob left is that my voltage is always low, even though now it doesn't "pulse" like it used to. I have a big sound system, but i've got a capacitor and i did upgrade my engine to body ground and alternator to battery positive wires. As said before i switched back over to the stock alternator pulley as well. I'm wondering if there is a short somewhere in the system....

the whole wiring system on my car is fudged up, for instance, my power door locks didn't work for almost a year then just yesterday they worked for a couple hours and then they stopped working again.

sometimes i wish i had a nice old 69 camaro so i wouldn't have to worry much about the electrical system :banana:

Comment

Originally posted by tkoforpresident View Post
                        yeah, we'll toss a Cam in or somethin :banana:
                        ain't that easy

Comment

ain't that easy
                          I realize that, or i would have done it when i had the top end apart.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X