No announcement yet.

widnow motor rivets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

tell me how someone was able to fit a rivet gun between the door skin and inner door panal. It's not possible.
    1996 Silver camaro Z28. M6,<br />12 bolt, 4.11\'s, posi, Rear cover, Spec stage 2, loudmouth, more <a href=\"http://home.mainstreamtopics.com/?index=3&module=1\" target=\"_blank\">http://home.mainstreamtopics.com/?index=3&module=1</a> &lt;Mods, Pics & more <a href=\"http://home.mainstreamtopics.com/?index=3&module=2\" target=\"_blank\">http://home.mainstreamtopics.com/?index=3&module=2</a> &lt;Fbody Tech Articals

Comment

I dont see how i am the one being rude. The reason i asked the ? was obviously becuase the ribet was not put in the same way as on his stated in the write up. Therefore someone who owned this car before me must have taken it out and put it back in with rivits. Yes i can get pics of the rivits i took out they are RIVETS. But when i posted that the rivits were put in backwards everyone was basically saying ur wrong well i could see them and they coudlnt so how are they going to sit and tell me im wrong or dont know what im talking about. Im not trying to state that i am the best mechanic in the world or even close but i do know what a rivet is so they just my poinbt of view. And i dont knwo what 98CAMARO prob is ive never said or wrote anything rude towards him infact most of the post he writes are very helpful.
      1999 Firebird 3.8 Chamelon<br /><br />MagnaFlow Catback<br /><br />Devon

Comment

Thats why I don't have automatic windows. Never any problems when you roll them by hand. [img]smile.gif[/img]
        FTRA kit, Whisper Lid, free ram air mod, Richmond 3.73 gears, Dynomax Catback, Poly Tranny mount, Vette Wheels, Expensive Audio equipment :). HID headlight Kit, Billet Grille, Billet Antenna, Eurotails, Carsound Cat

Comment

Originally posted by HBHRacing:
          tell me how someone was able to fit a rivet gun between the door skin and inner door panal. It's not possible.
          No, but who besides you and hockeyman said anything about fitting a rivet gun in between the inner door panel and the door skin? All that therock said was the rivets were backwards, not that someone put a rivet gun in there and installed them backwards. Have you considered that this car at some point in time had the door skin removed? If he bought the car used it is possible that it was in an accident, damaging not only the doorskin but the inner components as well and the reassembly was improperly done. Maybe the original assembly had a defect and the factory pulled the door apart to fix it and installed the window motor before the door skin. Just because the factory normally assembles the car one way does not mean repairs are done the same way.

Whatever happened it sounds like the window motor was installed before the door skin, and someone decided to rivet the motor in from the other side. I don't doubt the possibility of this happening and I don't doubt therock for what he found. Until I see that he looked at it wrong with my own eyes who am I to tell him after he posted several times for help that he is wrong?

Comment

someone would have to have been really silly to have done that in the first place. But what I would do is grind off the 4 large rivets and remove the regulator assembly. It's not going to be that hard regaurdless.
            1996 Silver camaro Z28. M6,<br />12 bolt, 4.11\'s, posi, Rear cover, Spec stage 2, loudmouth, more <a href=\"http://home.mainstreamtopics.com/?index=3&module=1\" target=\"_blank\">http://home.mainstreamtopics.com/?index=3&module=1</a> &lt;Mods, Pics & more <a href=\"http://home.mainstreamtopics.com/?index=3&module=2\" target=\"_blank\">http://home.mainstreamtopics.com/?index=3&module=2</a> &lt;Fbody Tech Articals

Comment

Originally posted by fenderman:
              No, but who besides you and hockeyman said anything about fitting a rivet gun in between the inner door panel and the door skin?
              Dude...you are reading WAY TOO FAR into my post! There wasn't any flame, that's why I used the word "Doubt" and not something more. As far as I'm concerned, I gave an opinion because I'm not there and cannot see what the damn rivets look like. So I go by what was posted on this site and base my opinion(s) on that!

I can see why some members don't try to help-out certain people here. We get blasted for trying to help.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyman:
                I can see why some members don't try to help-out certain people here. We get blasted for trying to help.
                I was thinking the same exact thing, this is what we get for trying to help? What the hell is that all about, is it too much to ask to atleast try and drill them out?
                Damn guys, hockeyman and Harlan are only trying to help. [img]graemlins/stickpoke.gif[/img]
                ---Niño---<br /><i>95\' silver 5 spd</i>

Comment

No but you know one guys make a stupid comment and then the whole band wagon joins. But tell me this how would you drill out the back of a ribit humm???? Its not very easy and i have seem some rivet guns made that could have ft in between the door and the motor. Know i dont know howit got in there but they did and i stated this more than once but all i kept getting back was basically im an idiot and im lieing about what im seeing. Maybe not in those words but it was implied
                  SLOWV6
                  take off the inside of your door (plastic peace that has door handle and switches on it.
                  then your gonna have to drill through the FIBERGLASS TO GET TO THE RIVET (which is inside the door frame.
                  Hockeyman
                  I highly doubt that the rivets were put in backwards because the rivet gun wouldn't be able to fit inside of door's structure too easily

Tell me how you would act to that ive never posted a single message on here that was rude or could make someone look stupid so thats why im pissed you jump on me and try to make me look stupid than your little frineds want to join in when they really dont know what there talking about.For example
                  HBHRACING
                  But what I would do is grind off the 4 large rivets and remove the regulator assembly. It's not going to be that hard regaurdless.

Ugh there actually only 3 ribtets no matter what so lets all jump on him for saying 4 that ridicolus and childish.And im not going to do it and its people like some of you that ruin these boards.Also i would like fenderman to be the only one guy whos got enough balls to stand up and actuall say the right thing

Comment

Sorry charlie. There ARE 4 large rivets (not ribtets) holding the regulator assembly on. Try again [img]smile.gif[/img]

Comment

&lt;flame suit on&gt; Jeez it's warm in here....if I ever do a window motor, I'll do a search. It's safer. &lt;flame suit off&gt;
                      Jessica :)<br />Kansas: There\'s no place like home...99 Firebird Blown/6lbs, Eaton w/3.42\'s CI headers Z28 Exaust<br />CAI, #36 injectors Intense PCM

Comment

I apologize from HBH and myself for trying to help. I'm sure neither one of us were trying to make anyone look chilidish or stupid. But...at least you should admit when you are wrong. I'm not always right here, but I can take constructive criticizm when it's implied without jumping all over someone for posting their thoughts.

At least the next post(s) I see of yours I know to keep FAR away from it before I get hit with friendly fire!
                        sigpic

Comment

hockeyman-
                          I'm sorry but I never "read into" your post. If I had told HBHRacing that nobody ever said anything about fitting a rivet gun in between the door skin and the door frame, I would be incorrect. You stated ".....the rivet gun wouldn't be able to fit inside of door's structure too easily". Period. There is nothing to "read into". It was a very direct reference. I never said you were wrong and I never said you were right. I was trying to figure out where a reference to a rivet gun was made in this thread for HBHRacing to assume that the method of attack was between the door skin and the door frame. That's all.

You know if you read the response HBHRacing made to mine you'll notice how grown up it was. He didn't come at me screaming and shouting. I'm sorry that I had to contradict what he said but I could see situations where the rivets could be installed backwards. But because he made a simple statement and moved on instead of losing it I have more respect for him. I have read his previous posts and the man knows what he is talking about. But we're human.... we don't know everything. That's why I wanted to state my thoughts on the matter.

As far as not wanting to help people if the definition of help here is to repeatedly contradict the person who is seeking the help then that is something I can do without and won't be hurt in the least if I don't get it. Hockeyman, the website you posted was what I would have done to give the person reference pictures just in case he wasn't clear on rivet orientation. However it seemed like even after that when he posted that the rivets in his car were indeed backwards the suggestions people were giving were still in reference to the rivet as it SHOULD have been. It also seemed like the thread diverted into not how to get a backwards rivet out but trying to figure out how it was installed backwards, which is not the help he asked for. I was trying to help his side of the story by seeing a way it could have happened to get other people to finally answer the original question which was "how do I remove a rivet that is installed backwards?"

Comment

im not mad at anyone or trying to say no thanbks for your advice. All im saying is that when someone post something and then you reply with a diff answer and then they post it again and you tell them there rong or are not seeing it right maybe you shoudl explain why it is you belive that im not trying to make this into a flame or single anyone out.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X