widnow motor rivets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• widnow motor rivets

im pulling my passanger side and the rivets are coming from the inside of the window so i see the long part of the rivet doi have to drill all the way through the long part of the rivet to the other side. On the write up someone did he could see the fat end of his mine is the exact opposite. sorry so badly writting im just in a hurry
    1999 Firebird 3.8 Chamelon<br /><br />MagnaFlow Catback<br /><br />Devon

you must drill or grind the mushroomed head portion of rivet. the rest will fall out when you do this.

Comment

yeahput how am i going to get a tool back there its supposed to be facing the inside of the door not the outside

Comment

Power window motor replacement
        sigpic

Comment

thats the one ive been looking at but when he drills his hole for the ribets he see the on with the end your supposed to drill out i see the other side the long piece that goes to the but off the rivet

Comment

are you implying the rivets were put on facing the opposite way?
            96 Camaro M5. Dark metallic gree (?dont know the offical color name)<br />Home made Intake :: Headers, 3inch headers back to Flowmaster muffler :: spec stage 3 clutch Now installed, waiting for 3.42\'s and LSD next month<br /><a href=\"http://photobucket.com/albums/y192/RiceEatingCamaro/?action=view&current=newcar.jpg\" target=\"_blank\">My Car</a> <br /><br />Totalled Car.<br /><a href=\"http://bellsouthpwp.net/s/k/sk8er305/\" target=\"_blank\">96 CamaroRS</a>

Comment

Thats what it seems like he's saying to me. If that is in fact what you are looking at you will have to cut the potruding metal as close to the hole as you can and drive the rest of the rivet out to the back.

Comment

take off the inside of your door (plastic peace that has door handle and switches on it.
                then your gonna have to drill through the FIBERGLASS TO GET TO THE RIVET (which is inside the door frame.

its real easy if you follow illustrated(pictures) instructions.
                2k2 camaro, K&N, SLP whisper lid, Konis, AEM, HP Tuners, Angel eyes/Halos, CF SS ram air hood, 4.10s, Zexel Torsen, UMI SFCs, CrossFire, BFGs, Gatorback, Catco, Flows, and TLC! DONT feed the Trolls!

Comment

no tyler is right the piece im supposed to drill through is on the other side of the door. whoeevr pu it in put the rivets in backwards

Comment

ive tried a file hacksaw balde tryed a cutoff wheel but would fit any suggestion i want to know whos the dumbasss who put these stupid rivets in

Comment

???

Comment

atleast try and see if they fall off when you put a drill on them, it could be that you're just looking at them wrong
                        ---Niño---<br /><i>95\' silver 5 spd</i>

Comment

I highly doubt that the rivets were put in backwards because the rivet gun wouldn't be able to fit inside of door's structure too easily. Get a drill, a 3/8" drill bit, and take out the center of the rivet. Once you get the three rivets drilled out, the motor will be free from it's mount.
                          sigpic

Comment

no i got it out whats so hard to under stand duh it would have been easy to get the ribit out if it was put in right man show some rspect to people if you cant tell the what end of the ribit u see ou shouldnt be working on cars

Comment

And that's why I don't post in any of his threads. :rolleyes:
                              Matt
                              1998 Mystic Teal Camaro M5
                              Whisper Lid, Pacesetter Headers, Catco Cat, Dynomax Super Turbo, B&M Shifter, BMR STB, LSD, P&P Intakes, GT2 Cam, Comp OE Lifters, 1.7 Roller Rockers, Pushrods, SSM Heads, DHP PowrTuner.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X