HELP! Rounded off bolt head!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: HELP! Rounded off bolt head!!!

It has been a year since mine has been off, but I do believe you will have a small bolt to remove that holds the electrical connector to that. Not the spark plug wire, but the actual wire harness attached to the back of the piece that all the coil packs mount onto.

Comment

Dont be so confident that it is in the coil pack I've the same issue with my car for nearly a year runs good then devops a miss at higher rpms pops and misses, weakand then gets better change plugs gets better ..for a while I've changed coil packs the board they sit on plugs, wires and still have the same problem as long as I run premium gas its not as bad

Comment

Check your MAF sensor, mine caused all kinds of problems, the code it threw out indicated the MAF sensor, not a misfire so eventually once it was fixed it ran smooth but it decided to throw a misfire code about a day after when it was clearly not misfiring so I just reset the PCM and have been code free since... I dont understand the computer too well but it seems to have a mind of its own
        also make sure your plug wires are NOT resting on the manifold! I actually had the shop that put in my reman. engine do that...

Comment

As for the bolt, You could dremel into it like they said, or dremel the sides down like I do. Make one side flat, then on the completely opposite side, dremelt it down flat, that way a good pair of vice grips, an adjustable wrench or a pair or pliers will go onto the bolt no problem.
          ~97 3.8L V6 Camaro~
          A few things

Only Member of Team Hooker?!?

Comment

Man, I feel sorry for you. I finally gave up(after rounding a bolt myself) and took it to Chevy.

Comment

Originally posted by camaro96RS69
              also make sure your plug wires are NOT resting on the manifold! I actually had the shop that put in my reman. engine do that...
              Same here!:twak:

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X