Problem with coil pack..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with coil pack..

I am having a problem with my coil packs ,well only 1 of them actually.I have replaced the front coil pack,I beleive its the number 3 and 6 coil pack) three times in the last 2 years.BTW I have a 97 firebird with a 3.8.I have also replaced the plugs and plug wires 2 times although this never helped me ,the problem has been the front coil pack each time.I had a friend run a scan on it and it come back with the following problems...P0137.02,P0138.02,P0300,P0336,P1406 and P1441.I found a couple of vacume leaks on it and fixed those but I am still trying to find out what keeps making the coil pack go bad.Anyone here have any ideas.TY for any help you can give me.

Re: Problem with coil pack..

possibly rain water dripping down onto it from the cowl rubber leaking. check that when it rains next time and see if it is wet
    http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

Back when my camaro was running I had to buy a new coil or coils at least every 2-3 months. Same thing with my grandmothers grand prix (am?). I think our 3.8's just like to burn up coils :D

Comment

Yea dude that was kinda my thought also,but was just gonna make sure.Oh well at least they are pretty cheap at Autozone...

Comment

i've got three for sale in the for sale section

come get some
          http://www.canyoumaketheturn.com/

Comment

I used to have that problem with my front coil pack. Same year and model as your car and GM said it's a common problem with them. I replaced mine 3 times in less than 6 months though, so feel lucky yours was the course of 2 years.

After I replaced it with a coil pack from the dealership it has never caused any problems since.

Comment

I replaced mine with the MSD coils had one go bad as soon as i got it and they replaced it but no problems going on 2years now

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• LETZRIDE
                New Owner!
                by LETZRIDE
                I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
                3 days ago
              • ssms5411
                Little work today
                by ssms5411
                Went ahead and moved my starter wire from the back, to the front again since it had no effect on my drain on the battery. Also made me nervous driving...
                2 weeks ago
              • LETZRIDE
                Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
                by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
                Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
                By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
                Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
                02-07-2020, 10:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X