Problem with coil pack..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with coil pack..

I am having a problem with my coil packs ,well only 1 of them actually.I have replaced the front coil pack,I beleive its the number 3 and 6 coil pack) three times in the last 2 years.BTW I have a 97 firebird with a 3.8.I have also replaced the plugs and plug wires 2 times although this never helped me ,the problem has been the front coil pack each time.I had a friend run a scan on it and it come back with the following problems...P0137.02,P0138.02,P0300,P0336,P1406 and P1441.I found a couple of vacume leaks on it and fixed those but I am still trying to find out what keeps making the coil pack go bad.Anyone here have any ideas.TY for any help you can give me.

Re: Problem with coil pack..

possibly rain water dripping down onto it from the cowl rubber leaking. check that when it rains next time and see if it is wet
    http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

Back when my camaro was running I had to buy a new coil or coils at least every 2-3 months. Same thing with my grandmothers grand prix (am?). I think our 3.8's just like to burn up coils :D

Comment

Yea dude that was kinda my thought also,but was just gonna make sure.Oh well at least they are pretty cheap at Autozone...

Comment

i've got three for sale in the for sale section

come get some
          http://www.canyoumaketheturn.com/

Comment

I used to have that problem with my front coil pack. Same year and model as your car and GM said it's a common problem with them. I replaced mine 3 times in less than 6 months though, so feel lucky yours was the course of 2 years.

After I replaced it with a coil pack from the dealership it has never caused any problems since.

Comment

I replaced mine with the MSD coils had one go bad as soon as i got it and they replaced it but no problems going on 2years now

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X