Changing plug wires every 6 mo....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changing plug wires every 6 mo....

Im changing plug wires about every 6 mo. can anyone reccomend some decent plug wires that the boots dont burn up and short out so fast on a 97 firebird 3.8? I am curently gettig my wires from advance auto parts, but thay just cant take the heat... thanks....

Re: Changing plug wires every 6 mo....

Try some Taylor wires.
    <a href=\"http://www.fbodyelpaso.org\" target=\"_blank\">www.fbodyelpaso.org</a> A4 stock 3.42 and LSD not Y87,SLP cold air induction, whisper lid, k&n filter, flowmaster 80 series, hypertech, 160 powerstat thermostat, t/a front bumper, functional nostrils, pacesetter headers best et: 15.9 at about 4800ft

Comment

try some MSDs or AC Delcos and route them properly and even maybe add some heat sleeves
      2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

I run Accel wires with no problems

Comment

its pathtic, I have put heat rap on the wire, but now the boots are whats buring up!!!

Comment

dose taylor or msd have the pre-made wires for a 97? and were do you find them?

Comment

put those metal boot protectors on them. I have no problems with my wires burning or boots burning on my 97
              http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

found some at summit, thanks...

Comment

I have a 97 Camaro myself with 200k miles on it. I don't buy the cheapest wires and definitly not buy the most expensive wires I stay in between, but when I put them on I put that plastic wire tubing around them. I started doing this after my wires were shorting out on the intake manifold since they go across it to get to the other side. A terrible design in my opinion. I have never had another problem with them after that. Actually this last time I did them I did not route one correctly and it was too close to my exhaust manifolsd, the plastic tube melted a little, but the actual spark plug wire is fine! Of course I corrected my error and routed it correctly.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• LETZRIDE
                    New Owner!
                    by LETZRIDE
                    I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
                    3 days ago
                  • ssms5411
                    Little work today
                    by ssms5411
                    Went ahead and moved my starter wire from the back, to the front again since it had no effect on my drain on the battery. Also made me nervous driving...
                    2 weeks ago
                  • LETZRIDE
                    Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
                    by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
                    Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
                    By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
                    Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
                    02-07-2020, 10:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X