Changing plug wires every 6 mo....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changing plug wires every 6 mo....

Im changing plug wires about every 6 mo. can anyone reccomend some decent plug wires that the boots dont burn up and short out so fast on a 97 firebird 3.8? I am curently gettig my wires from advance auto parts, but thay just cant take the heat... thanks....

Re: Changing plug wires every 6 mo....

Try some Taylor wires.
    <a href=\"http://www.fbodyelpaso.org\" target=\"_blank\">www.fbodyelpaso.org</a> A4 stock 3.42 and LSD not Y87,SLP cold air induction, whisper lid, k&n filter, flowmaster 80 series, hypertech, 160 powerstat thermostat, t/a front bumper, functional nostrils, pacesetter headers best et: 15.9 at about 4800ft

Comment

try some MSDs or AC Delcos and route them properly and even maybe add some heat sleeves
      2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

I run Accel wires with no problems

Comment

its pathtic, I have put heat rap on the wire, but now the boots are whats buring up!!!

Comment

dose taylor or msd have the pre-made wires for a 97? and were do you find them?

Comment

put those metal boot protectors on them. I have no problems with my wires burning or boots burning on my 97
              http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

found some at summit, thanks...

Comment

I have a 97 Camaro myself with 200k miles on it. I don't buy the cheapest wires and definitly not buy the most expensive wires I stay in between, but when I put them on I put that plastic wire tubing around them. I started doing this after my wires were shorting out on the intake manifold since they go across it to get to the other side. A terrible design in my opinion. I have never had another problem with them after that. Actually this last time I did them I did not route one correctly and it was too close to my exhaust manifolsd, the plastic tube melted a little, but the actual spark plug wire is fine! Of course I corrected my error and routed it correctly.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X