I started to smoke...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: I started to smoke...

The smoke is white, and not very noticeable during warmer days... So I think there IS a problem, but not a big one.

Comment

white smoke is coolant, not oil. how is your coolant level in your radiator?

Tip for you guys, never judge your coolant level by how much is in the reservoir, always check the radiator which should be filled completely.
      2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

I guess you tards cant really understand what you read. EXCESSIVE is the key word. That means too much. Yess some oil consumption is allowed but 1QT. in 2k mi. is way too much. I guess you guys need some reading comprention classes as well.

Comment

Comprehension
          94 Camaro convertible -- mostly stock
          97 Firebird -- Project Car - kyb agx shocks, eibach springs, 3.42 torsen diff, aluminum driveshaft, slp cai, pacesetter headers, magnaflow cat-back. hptuners. not done yet.
          98 Firebird -- Parts Car

Comment

1qt ever 2k miles is the cutoff point where at that time, you need to start looking for an issue.

Comment

Originally posted by 3.4pwrV6
              I guess you tards cant really understand what you read. EXCESSIVE is the key word. That means too much. Yess some oil consumption is allowed but 1QT. in 2k mi. is way too much. I guess you guys need some reading comprention classes as well.
              If any of you guys would actually read your owner's manuals (which you obviously DON"T), the 1 quart per 2,000 miles is specifically quoted right in there...and it is on ALL GM cars. Up to that level of consumption is normal, fine, expected, and BLLDOGG is absolutely correct. Get off his case and do your own research. GEEZ!
              1999 Y87 Camaro<br />Whisper Lid, SLP SS Takeoff Exhaust

Comment

O' don't even get me started on how people never read their owners manual :mad:

Comment

Originally posted by Silver 99 Camaro
                  If any of you guys would actually read your owner's manuals (which you obviously DON"T), the 1 quart per 2,000 miles is specifically quoted right in there...and it is on ALL GM cars. Up to that level of consumption is normal, fine, expected, and BLLDOGG is absolutely correct. Get off his case and do your own research. GEEZ!
                  QFT
                  i dont usually agree with him in the lounge, but i have yet to really disagree with him tech wise. the man knows his stuff and thats all there is to it. to get a job at a dealership adn pass the ASE's you gotta know what your doing. keep on keepin' on Blldogg
                  2000 3.8L Camaro A4 Pewter Y87<br />K&N Filter, SLP Ram Air kit, Eibach Pro Kit, Flowmaster 80 series, Silverstars, NGK plugs and MSD Super Conductor Wires, Electric Water Pump

Comment

tell you what after some research i still think that is my ride uses 1qt in 2000 mi thats excessive but we can debate that later. i guess that is just a matter of opinion between techs. but you know when i bought my ride i never got a manual with it. oh and by the way i am a gm tech as well i work at midway chevy in phoenix arizona. i dont know how many years blldog has under his belt ive only got 2yrs. that may be the difference. but my solution for using that much oil would be new oil rings, but gm likes to flash that bullitin in peoples face. now if the car is smoking like the guy who stared this threads car is then there is actually a problem and he should figure it out. cause you know as a tech bllldog that oil can foul plugs and too much fuel can wash the oil off cyl. walls, and coolant could do both, so i think that you would agree that smoking is not covered under that bullitin. so he needs to find the physical problem, and fix it to stop the smoking.

Comment

i can agree with this, my car has 150,000 miles on it and whenever i change the oil, it proves this statement. Because i use those 5 qt oil jugs, (yes i know our cars use the 4.5 qt or whatever), so i leave a little bit still in the jug, but i take my old oil and put it back in the jug of where my new oil came from and it never fills up. it does seem to be ~ 1 qt off.

Comment

Originally posted by 3.4pwrV6
                        tell you what after some research i still think that is my ride uses 1qt in 2000 mi thats excessive but we can debate that later. i guess that is just a matter of opinion between techs. but you know when i bought my ride i never got a manual with it. oh and by the way i am a gm tech as well i work at midway chevy in phoenix arizona. i dont know how many years blldog has under his belt ive only got 2yrs. that may be the difference. but my solution for using that much oil would be new oil rings, but gm likes to flash that bullitin in peoples face. now if the car is smoking like the guy who stared this threads car is then there is actually a problem and he should figure it out. cause you know as a tech bllldog that oil can foul plugs and too much fuel can wash the oil off cyl. walls, and coolant could do both, so i think that you would agree that smoking is not covered under that bullitin. so he needs to find the physical problem, and fix it to stop the smoking.
                        yeah, as soon as he said black smoke, I know he has a different problem

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X