• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Major loss in power :(

i never run the A/C

Comment

I had that problem on a 97 Firebird (3.8 liter), and then one of the coils went out - replaced it and the plug wires and the problem went away. That blinking is indicative of a misfire, most notably a bad coil, if I am not mistaken. You can buy the coils from the auto parts stores in the $28.00 range, but the quality is not as good as OEM.

Comment

BTW, that noise could be something else not related to the other problem - I did not have the noise when the coil was going out-

Comment

Originally posted by ONLNTM5A
          I had that problem on a 97 Firebird (3.8 liter), and then one of the coils went out - replaced it and the plug wires and the problem went away. That blinking is indicative of a misfire, most notably a bad coil, if I am not mistaken. You can buy the coils from the auto parts stores in the $28.00 range, but the quality is not as good as OEM.
          according to all auto parts stores around my place of living... all parts sold meet or exceed OEM specs. and i can vouche for my local advanced auto parts store!

Comment

yea, i hear that alot, but what is a store's comeback line when the brand new auto parts store part fails?
            2k2 camaro, K&N, SLP whisper lid, Konis, AEM, HP Tuners, Angel eyes/Halos, CF SS ram air hood, 4.10s, Zexel Torsen, UMI SFCs, CrossFire, BFGs, Gatorback, Catco, Flows, and TLC! DONT feed the Trolls!

Comment

Originally posted by Shodown
              I didnt realize the SES came back on a stayed on. :o Yeah, scan that puppy ASAP. :tup:
              FYI: just cuz the light isnt "on" doesnt mean the PCM isnt storing a code. Usually if some code hits, even if the PCM doesnt detect that situation again and light the lamp, it'll store the code for something like 40 startups. also, the blinking SES light literally means the current conditions can damage the catylitic converter. 99% of the time its a misfire, but dont always bank on that necessarily.
              2000 3.8L Camaro A4 Pewter Y87<br />K&N Filter, SLP Ram Air kit, Eibach Pro Kit, Flowmaster 80 series, Silverstars, NGK plugs and MSD Super Conductor Wires, Electric Water Pump

Comment

Originally posted by slow6
                yea, i hear that alot, but what is a store's comeback line when the brand new auto parts store part fails?
                well in my case with my tranny mount (stupid hydraulics) i went to advanced autoparts and bought a new one, broke it after like 3 hours... so then my dad brought the car to the chevrolet dealer so they could put the stock one back on... broke that even faster... so then i returned the one from advanced and they give me a new one... that one didnt break til about a month ago, when i went to return it they said "obviously OEM **** isnt working for you, what did you do to your car?" they thought it was modified out the *** to be tearing those things like that. so im currently on the look out for a solid non hydraulic tranny mount. but advanced has always been nice and knowledgable.

sorry for the hack

Comment

ok well i don't know if autozone will scan it biut advance auto will...i work at one in jersey and were open to 9 every day even sunday...and bosch plugs run like **** in chevy v-6s i noticed a huge difference in power just by replacing the platnum +4 with ac delco standards...the delco rapidfire plugs run awsome in them...and if its a 93-95 with the 3.4 engine the obd1 will store a code...it will come up as a history code...i have a egr solonoid 3 malfuntion...comes up every now and then

Comment

well i took it to a dealership and got them to scan it for free, (bs'ed my way thru that) they wanted to charge 40 dollars...anyway nothing was comming back when they hooked it up come to find out the fuse was blown got that fixed and the computer says that there was indeed misfire code. the guy says the loud noise sounded like the catlytic converter... so i may have ruined that in the process but that didnt show up or he wasnt telling me because it was for free and those Weisner bastards are cheap. i wont be able to replace my catylitic converter myself so if thats busted it will suck more then coil and wires...

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X