Major loss in power :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Major loss in power :(

I was driving down the road, hit about 80 MPH and then i felt a major loss in power, felt as if the car was at its top speed or it didnt want to change into a higher gear. service engine light came on and then it turned off shortly after but then while i was still cruising down the road it turned back on and stayed on this time. i want to think its the spark plugs or wiring but would that make such a major loss in power? any help would be much appreciated. thanks for your time

Re: Major loss in power :(

Sounds like fouled plugs. Change them and see if that takes care of it.
    sigpic
    1997 Camaro RS A4
    2006 Chevy Colorado
    2003 Kawasaki Ninja ZX6-R

Comment

i changed them about 3 months back, platinum Bosch dual spark or something put about 4k miles on it sense then though but they should last more then that. ill check them out anyway thanks.

Comment

dont guess what it is.... scan that bad boy and we'll figure this out in no time.
        2000 3.8L Camaro A4 Pewter Y87<br />K&N Filter, SLP Ram Air kit, Eibach Pro Kit, Flowmaster 80 series, Silverstars, NGK plugs and MSD Super Conductor Wires, Electric Water Pump

Comment

i dont have a computer to do that

Comment

I think AutoZone will scan it for you, or maybe it's just my local one

Comment

autozone is closed on sunday here, but i have no info that may help. about a month or two ago when i started my car up when it hasnt been turned on that day and it would make this sound almost like metal rattling. i turned it on today though (day after i got major power loss) and the sound was extremely loud like something is making a lot of noise underneat the car it seemed....... :-/ ill attempt to drive it to auto zone first thing in the morning

Comment

I didnt realize the SES came back on a stayed on. :o Yeah, scan that puppy ASAP. :tup:
                sigpic
                1997 Camaro RS A4
                2006 Chevy Colorado
                2003 Kawasaki Ninja ZX6-R

Comment

the light came on first and it was blinking, and then it stoped after about a minute. then about 10 minutes later driving it came back on again but it wasnt blinking it just stayed on... i dont know thats just what it did.

Comment

blinking usually means misfire I believe
                    2k2 camaro, K&N, SLP whisper lid, Konis, AEM, HP Tuners, Angel eyes/Halos, CF SS ram air hood, 4.10s, Zexel Torsen, UMI SFCs, CrossFire, BFGs, Gatorback, Catco, Flows, and TLC! DONT feed the Trolls!

Comment

would the misfire cause the engine to make a rattling sound all loud and whatnot?

Comment

can you record that? Does it sound like its rattling inside the engine?
                        2k2 camaro, K&N, SLP whisper lid, Konis, AEM, HP Tuners, Angel eyes/Halos, CF SS ram air hood, 4.10s, Zexel Torsen, UMI SFCs, CrossFire, BFGs, Gatorback, Catco, Flows, and TLC! DONT feed the Trolls!

Comment

to be honest it sounds like its comming from the transmission or underneath the car but more less to the front end of the car. cant give u a recording, all i can say is it sounds more like a rattle or perhaps a grinding sound. the car is still driveable so i dont think its the tranny...

Comment

the rattling sound stops though after about a minute or two when i turn the car on, but sense the car was acting funny yesterday it has gotten twice as loud if not louder.

Comment

the rattle could be your AC rattling, I have that rattle right now when I first start the car up when it has been sitting overnight. Goes away once I take off down the road.
                              http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X