Camaro Gas Gauge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Camaro Gas Gauge

Heh when mine hits empty, I realize I have just enough gas to make it to the closest gas station, but I don't like to let it run below 1/2 tank.
    1995 Camaro 3.4 A4<br /><br />CAI,IAT Relocate

Comment

i don't like to get it below a qt tank but its because of the stupid tank and how the gas sloshes in it especially on a sharp turn. before i didnt even wanna go on the highway with a half tank because i think id run out of gas. im hoping that the 5th gen camaro has fixed this problem.
      JpX

Comment

i can relate all the way to this. i can only assume it didn't change in the different engines. I was test driving a 3.4L M5 95 before i got my 96 3.8L A4 (wish i went manual) and it was at about 1/8th tank, went around for 5-10 minutes, when it hit "E", i figured it was like any other car and it meant i had plenty left, but then it stopped about a block from where i started (lucky) on the way back. Now when my gas gauge hits "E," i get to the crest of my hill, put it in nuetral and coast down the 2 miles to the bottom with the engine off, just so i will have enough gas to make it to the station..i hate the gauge.
        sigpic
        1996 Chevrolet Camaro
        1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
        --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

When I filled up it would go pass Full. I could go 70 miles before the guage would move. It would usually go 100 miles before it would even be on the Full. But at 1/2 tank it would suck it down. I had to peplace my fuel pump in Febuary as I was only getting 9psi and now my guage works perfect. If it says 1/2 tank I put in about 7.5 - 8 gallaons. I've checked all marks, it is accurate now.
          Originally posted by kala
          I'll have buttsecks with Richard Simmons!

TEAM BLACK!!!
          parting her out

Comment

our gas tanks are V shaped, thats why it drops like a rock after half. mine goes up past the full mark, the lowest i let it get was AT the quarter tank mark, but that changed around coners,hills, and when i shut it off i got more gas too. i dont like our gauges either, arent one of our strong points.
            1998 bright red camaro ,M5 ,Y87 ,stock<br /><br />Originally posted by Rune:<br />If it smells like a turd and looks like a turd, chances are its probably not a candy bar.

Comment

Originally posted by loser
              that changed around coners,hills, and when i shut it off i got more gas too. i dont like our gauges either, arent one of our strong points.
              Mine changes when cornering and hitting breaks hard too. I was referring to straight and level driving or sitting that its accurate.
              Originally posted by kala
              I'll have buttsecks with Richard Simmons!

TEAM BLACK!!!
              parting her out

Comment

Originally posted by crushedout
                Mine changes when cornering and hitting breaks hard too. I was referring to straight and level driving or sitting that its accurate.
                understood, i havent really had my car on the highway alot to be able to agree with you, but im sure your right. slowly going around town it seems pretty good.
                1998 bright red camaro ,M5 ,Y87 ,stock<br /><br />Originally posted by Rune:<br />If it smells like a turd and looks like a turd, chances are its probably not a candy bar.

Comment

I agree that it's annoying how the gauge drops after 1/2 a tank. When I first got the car (new) I checked to see how far it could go after the low fuel light came on. I took a can of gas with me in case I ran out. I went 50 miles on Empty and finally gave up. So I just fill it up when it hits E. When I fill it up, I fill it until gas is dripping out of the filler hole. So it takes about 110 miles to get down to the F mark....and then it drops like a rock.
                  2002 Silver Firebird A4<br />T-Tops, Leather, Y87, W68, Chrome Wheels<br />Bone Stock

Comment

Thats funny. When i have 1/2 a tank it takes me 180 miles and a full work week to reach E.

Comment

you guys must have junk gas tanks. I drove 20 miles to school today on just a tad above E. But now with my kn filter and free flowing exhaust I assume my gas mileage increased too.

Comment

Originally posted by Ace
                        Thats funny. When i have 1/2 a tank it takes me 180 miles and a full work week to reach E.
                        That sounds pretty reasonable. With city driving I'll get to about 200 miles at 1/2, and then from 1/2 to E is about another 120-140 miles. So about 320-340 per tank. City mileage sucks, 23 mpg if I'm lucky.
                        2002 Silver Firebird A4<br />T-Tops, Leather, Y87, W68, Chrome Wheels<br />Bone Stock

Comment

Originally posted by Tech
                          you guys must have junk gas tanks. I drove 20 miles to school today on just a tad above E. But now with my kn filter and free flowing exhaust I assume my gas mileage increased too.
                          Yeah if it's just above E you can probably go 50-60 miles before you actually run out. You probably get 2-3 gallons reserve.

Next time you fill up, note your mileage, and then the time after that, just take the mileage difference and divide by the gallons it took to fill up, and you'll get your actual mileage.

Comment

My 2000 Camaro guage shows im either all the way full of all the way empty. I constantly see "check guages". When i do fill my tank up though it'l suddenly drop to empty while driving. Then 5 mins. later go to full. It's jacked.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X