Camaro Gas Gauge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Camaro Gas Gauge

Alright, I'm just wondering who in here HATES that stupid thing. You just gotta remember, when it says you're about 4/5 full, you're actually at half, when it says you're at half, you're actually at 1/3 and when it says you're empty, YOU'RE EMPTYYY.

Re: Camaro Gas Gauge

mine's not like that, I have a 2000 camaro. what year do you have?
    2000 Camaro 3.8 v6 M5
    Flowmaster 80 series muffler, B&M ripper shifter, SLP grille

Comment

its a VERY common problem, all of our gauges sucks. mainly the temp and gas. i just dont usally let mine get down to quarter tank, when its half a tank i try to put a little more in it.
      1998 bright red camaro ,M5 ,Y87 ,stock<br /><br />Originally posted by Rune:<br />If it smells like a turd and looks like a turd, chances are its probably not a candy bar.

Comment

Most cars and trucks are like that. I figure its there to sell you the car, when you go on a long test drive, your like, WOW, this thing gets awsome gas milage and i can go forever on a tank. Then you buy it and find out once its gets to 3/4 of a tank it drops like a rock. But you should always keep your tank above the 1/2 mark anyways as it is said to increase the life of the fuel pump by keeping everything cool and lubercated. REMEMBER, EMPTY MEANS EMPTY. Personally, i dont feel sorry for anyone who is stuck on the side of the road out of gas....i know..im an *******, but thats just the way i feel.
        <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2245261\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2245261</a> Green 1997, 105k, all stock except for Z28 front springs, Air shocks in the rear, home made coolant recovery tank, home made battery hold down.

Comment

i have a 98, and when it says i have 1/2 tank, i usually have that much.

when mine is between empty and 1/4 it takes about 12 gallons

Comment

i watch my trip gauge around 275 miles i fill it up again

Comment

Mine is doing fine. You shouldnt let it get too low anyways.

Originally posted by BobbyZ72
              I figure its there to sell you the car, when you go on a long test drive, your like, WOW, this thing gets awsome gas milage and i can go forever on a tank. Then you buy it and find out once its gets to 3/4 of a tank it drops like a rock.
              My dealership keeps it only at about 1/4 tank for test drives.
              2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

Originally posted by BLLDOGG

My dealership keeps it only at about 1/4 tank for test drives.
                I know, that was just a joke.
                <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2245261\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2245261</a> Green 1997, 105k, all stock except for Z28 front springs, Air shocks in the rear, home made coolant recovery tank, home made battery hold down.

Comment

I've never had a problem with my gage. It seems accurate since it's gone down below the E mark before. I'll fill the tank up and it'll take in about 15 gallons.
                  <a href=\"http://www.fbodyelpaso.org\" target=\"_blank\">www.fbodyelpaso.org</a> A4 stock 3.42 and LSD not Y87,SLP cold air induction, whisper lid, k&n filter, flowmaster 80 series, hypertech, 160 powerstat thermostat, t/a front bumper, functional nostrils, pacesetter headers best et: 15.9 at about 4800ft

Comment

I've had mine past empty once, and it still had some in it. It took like 14.5 gallons when I gassed up. Maybe mine's flawed and actually works right :P
                    ~97 3.8L V6 Camaro~
                    A few things

Only Member of Team Hooker?!?

Comment

yeah, I have a 96 RS. when I first got the car, I was so proud that I had gone like 250 miles and the tank was still at a half. Then went another 10 miles and it was basically on the E. I hate the gauge, but yeah, what I basically do is look at my trip gauge and wait till it gets close to around 300 then I fill it up. <- it's the only accurate way to do it :D

Comment

Our guages rule! I like to keep mine at or below E. Put in a dollar here and there. I am poor hahahah

Comment

Heh I am dead with you on that, blame GM they can't seem to make a cube gas tank, they are all funny shaped for some reason and it screws up the gauges soo bad, costs $15-$20 to get to 3/4 tank, and another $25-$35 to get to full, and then it goes way above full and doesn't move for 150 miles..
                          1995 Camaro 3.4 A4<br /><br />CAI,IAT Relocate

Comment

Originally posted by Tech
                            Our guages rule! I like to keep mine at or below E. Put in a dollar here and there. I am poor hahahah
                            Thats not good for your fuel pump.....
                            1995 Camaro 3.4 A4<br /><br />CAI,IAT Relocate

Comment

Originally posted by Todd88
                              when it says you're empty, YOU'RE EMPTYYY.
                              hahahaha... I literally said exactly that to my dad.

I was on the highway one time and it had just hit empty. I was just getting off the next exit to gas up and it died.

I take my dad's advice: "It costs just as much to fill a car up at 1/2-way as it does to fill it up when it's near empty."

Our guage is a "feel good" guage haha. "Wow I have 1/2 a tank still!"

**5 minutes later**

"ooooh crap..."
                              Black 1997 Camaro RS<br />Mods: Headlight, Fog Lamp, Blinker, and Tail Light Blackouts<br />35% Tint Window Armor (www.windowarmorusa.com)<br />Upcoming: Replace failing driver\'s window motor and Black Power Antenna<br /> <a href=\"http://members.ca

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X