Dragging noise?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dragging noise?

Recently my car is making this funny noise. Whenever I'm slowing down and stepping on my brakes my car sounds like it's dragging something. This only happens when I'm going slowly, it also happens when I backup slowly as well. I don't know what's wrong with it. Someone once mentioned about their rear axle being dry and stuff like that but I'm not sure if that is the case. This only happen sometimes but now it's starting to be more frequent. Besides it sounding like dragging something it can also be described as like two metals scraping against each other (I guess). Does anyone have any idea what can be wrong? My car is a v6 2002 M5.

Re: Dragging noise?

Have you checked your rear diff fluid level and how many miles on the car?
    http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

I'm not saying this is your problem but have you ever seen the Castrol GTX anti-sludge commercials where the guy is literally pulling a cruise ship's anchor??? LOL
      Maybe you should try and find out where the sounds comming from? Get a friend to help if you have to
      2k2 camaro, K&N, SLP whisper lid, Konis, AEM, HP Tuners, Angel eyes/Halos, CF SS ram air hood, 4.10s, Zexel Torsen, UMI SFCs, CrossFire, BFGs, Gatorback, Catco, Flows, and TLC! DONT feed the Trolls!

Comment

maybe your rotors are worn and you are grinding the pads into the rotor...you dont hear it at higher speed but when u hit the brakes going slow it sounds like a train is stopping...id check those first

Comment

Originally posted by Niko97RS
          maybe your rotors are worn and you are grinding the pads into the rotor...you dont hear it at higher speed but when u hit the brakes going slow it sounds like a train is stopping...id check those first
          I agree. check your brakes or have someone do it for you. a lot of places do free inspections. they could do it for you.
          2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

Thanx for the info. Yeah at higher speed I don't hear crap, only at slow speed. Thanx again.

Comment

just go out and rub along the rotor on all 4 wheels(wait for the car to be cool) and feel if any are really rough and not perfectly smooth.

I am willing to bet its the brakes.
              1993 t-topped camaro to let the rays in.

Comment

I broke my tourque arm bolts and it was leaning against the drive shaft making a nasty grinding noise! check that out for sure ;)
                MSN: inynn666@hotmail.com<br />1996 Arctic white -3800-<br />Pacesetter Headers & Y-Pipe, CAI, LS1 Dual Exhaust, LS1 Driveshaft<br />*15.17 @ 95MPH*

Comment

Originally posted by Niko97RS

this happened to me, and is probably the OP's problem

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X