1870 ecm code

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1870 ecm code

My 1996 firebird has ecm code 1870 I think it is the code for the TCC(torque conv. clutch). Has anyone else had this problem, and if so what do I do to fix it.

take your car to a tranny shop.
    tell them you have P1870. They will know from there. might aswell get a build up now.

very expensive code [img]graemlins/crybaby.gif[/img]
    00 Camaro with the Y87 Package!<br /><br />stock times 15.59 @86.3mph with a 2.25 60\'

Comment

I talked to a tranny shop today. They told me 90% of the time a shift kit will correct the problem but if not a new valve body is needed.

Comment

http://www.kdsperformance.com/transhifkits1.html

Take a look at that I think that is 1 possible solutions thats not that expensive

Comment

When you speak with your tranny shop, ask them about a Sonnax Valve repair for your valve body. Also, check out their site for lots of info on P1870 on 4L60E. I ended up with an updated rebuilt valve body after I was all done.
          180 Thermo, K&N Filter, Transgo stage 2, Pacesetters, Magnaflow cat, Flowmaster Catback, 3.42 LSD, Hotchkis LCA/Panhard, Bilstein, Eibach Pro, 1LE bars, SP crossdrilled/slotted rotors.<br /><br />Vortech Project 1.0 failed.<br />Vortech Project 2.0 in the works

Comment

How much for the vavle body ?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• LETZRIDE
              New Owner!
              by LETZRIDE
              I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
              3 days ago
            • ssms5411
              Little work today
              by ssms5411
              Went ahead and moved my starter wire from the back, to the front again since it had no effect on my drain on the battery. Also made me nervous driving...
              2 weeks ago
            • LETZRIDE
              Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
              by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
              Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
              By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
              Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
              02-07-2020, 10:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X