1870 ecm code

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1870 ecm code

My 1996 firebird has ecm code 1870 I think it is the code for the TCC(torque conv. clutch). Has anyone else had this problem, and if so what do I do to fix it.

take your car to a tranny shop.
    tell them you have P1870. They will know from there. might aswell get a build up now.

very expensive code [img]graemlins/crybaby.gif[/img]
    00 Camaro with the Y87 Package!<br /><br />stock times 15.59 @86.3mph with a 2.25 60\'

Comment

I talked to a tranny shop today. They told me 90% of the time a shift kit will correct the problem but if not a new valve body is needed.

Comment

http://www.kdsperformance.com/transhifkits1.html

Take a look at that I think that is 1 possible solutions thats not that expensive

Comment

When you speak with your tranny shop, ask them about a Sonnax Valve repair for your valve body. Also, check out their site for lots of info on P1870 on 4L60E. I ended up with an updated rebuilt valve body after I was all done.
          180 Thermo, K&N Filter, Transgo stage 2, Pacesetters, Magnaflow cat, Flowmaster Catback, 3.42 LSD, Hotchkis LCA/Panhard, Bilstein, Eibach Pro, 1LE bars, SP crossdrilled/slotted rotors.<br /><br />Vortech Project 1.0 failed.<br />Vortech Project 2.0 in the works

Comment

How much for the vavle body ?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X