No announcement yet.

Help, smoke, gas smell, stuttering

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aight so i broke down and bought an AutoXray tool for my 93 'maro...wow what a tool....anyway here's what i found out

This is just one reading i did during lunch i'm going to do some more in-depth readings soon, but i think i found some problems

TPS Voltage 0.62 @ idle - 1.41 @ 5000 RPM
    Injector Pulse - 4.4 @ idle (went up to 6.x something when i was monitoring it)

Alright all you guys that REALLY know the 3.4, throw some scenarios at me.
    1993 Camaro 3.4L A4 many mods comin for 2004<br /><br />\"The last thing I wanted was to get in a fight in Jackson, Mississippi on a Saturday night\"

Comment

TTT
      1993 Camaro 3.4L A4 many mods comin for 2004<br /><br />\"The last thing I wanted was to get in a fight in Jackson, Mississippi on a Saturday night\"

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by MississippiMaro:
        Aight so i broke down and bought an AutoXray tool for my 93 'maro...wow what a tool....anyway here's what i found out

This is just one reading i did during lunch i'm going to do some more in-depth readings soon, but i think i found some problems

TPS Voltage 0.62 @ idle - 1.41 @ 5000 RPM
        Injector Pulse - 4.4 @ idle (went up to 6.x something when i was monitoring it)

Alright all you guys that REALLY know the 3.4, throw some scenarios at me.
        <hr></blockquote>

when did you do these readings?
        right when you started the car
        after you had driven it for a while

these all make determining factors when datalogging.

Comment

Alright i'm really at a loss, i changed the oxygen sensors to see if that made a difference with some used ones i have and now i'm really confused.

The car ran ok (not great but much better) for like 5 mins and then it continued to degrade until it was running the way it has been running.

Here are some questions

What are normal Injector pulse readings?

What are normal TPS readings?

here are my latest readings

Injector pulse -&gt;
          10.40 ms - 13.30 ms @ 2422 - 2952 RPM

Throttle Postition Sensor -&gt;
          1.52 volts - 2.13 volts @ 2422 - 2952 RPM

Comment

I got new fuel injectors and an AFPR to install in the car thinking that a fuel injector was stuck open, thereby causing my pressure problem.

All my stuff came in from Summit and Scoggin Dickie just in time to start saturday morning.

Since i just replaced my oil gear drive, i was able to get the fuel rail and the upper intake off quickly this time since i am more familiar with this part of the engine.

Here's the kicker as i'm undoing the intake bolts i notice they're extremely easy to undo - and then it hits me it was an intkae leak causing the pressure problem. the further back i got the bolts were extremely loose. This is probably due to the 250 mile trip fron B-ham with a bad coil. So i ended up getting new Accel fuel injectors and an AFPR and a diagnostic computer for what could have been fixed by the turn of a wrench. But on the upside i got a lot more power back and smoothed out the engine some. Plus the diagnostic computer has helped me trace some festering problems. But the most important thing is SHE IS FIXED....

Comment

Overall seems kinda expensive to fix it, but glad it is. Someting non of us even thought of too [img]graemlins/slap.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/dunce.gif[/img] , but you got some brand new stuff out of it though ;)
              1978 Formula 461 in progress of being built :rock:
              2013 Ram 1500 Big Horn

former owner of 85 bird w/ 2.8 - 3.4 - 3800 II - 5.0
              94 comero 3.4

Comment

yeah and the more I drive with these new injectors, the happier I am that i did it. Plus you can't beat the Auto Xray for an OBD I car. It's worth its weight in gold. Now it's time for the heads work i've been waiting to do. Probably some roller rockers, a nice cam and exhaust to go with it.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X