Driver's side door lock won't unlock!!! - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Driver's side door lock won't unlock!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Driver's side door lock won't unlock!!!

OK, so I get in my car today to go to work, hit the unlock button on my keyless entry and go to open the driver's side door... doesnt open. I hit the button again and it unlocks the passenger door, not the driver's side. I stick the key in and turn it... it wont budge. I ended up having to crawl inside the car from the passenger side and unlock the door with my hand. I figured maybe the rod fell out of place, so when I got home I pulled off the door panel, but the rod was right where its supposed to be. I fiddled with the door locks and the automatic locks will lock both doors but wont unlock the driver's door.
    So I guess my problem is that my driver's door will only lock, and I cant unlock it using my key even... anyone have a clue as to whats wrong?

power locks have solonoids on them. your drivers side one is probably bad.

take the door panal off, find the solonoid, and hit the power unlock button. listen for a noise.

no noise = bad solonoid

Comment

well, I remember watching the power lock lock and "attempt" to unlock the door when I had the panel off earlier today, its almost like its trying to unlock the door because the rod moves forward a little when I hit the unlock button and it makes a sound, maybe it's still the 'noid that's bad I dunno. I still dont understand why I cant turn my car key in the key hole either

Comment

follow all the bars in the door that have to do with the locking mechanism. maybe your door lock cyl. is siezed up, and that prevents the solonoid from moving? i dont know. thats about all i could suggest

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• LETZRIDE
          New Owner!
          by LETZRIDE
          I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
          4 days ago
        • ssms5411
          Little work today
          by ssms5411
          Went ahead and moved my starter wire from the back, to the front again since it had no effect on my drain on the battery. Also made me nervous driving...
          2 weeks ago
        • LETZRIDE
          Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
          by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
          Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
          By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
          Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
          02-07-2020, 10:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X