Driver's side door lock won't unlock!!! - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Driver's side door lock won't unlock!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Driver's side door lock won't unlock!!!

OK, so I get in my car today to go to work, hit the unlock button on my keyless entry and go to open the driver's side door... doesnt open. I hit the button again and it unlocks the passenger door, not the driver's side. I stick the key in and turn it... it wont budge. I ended up having to crawl inside the car from the passenger side and unlock the door with my hand. I figured maybe the rod fell out of place, so when I got home I pulled off the door panel, but the rod was right where its supposed to be. I fiddled with the door locks and the automatic locks will lock both doors but wont unlock the driver's door.
    So I guess my problem is that my driver's door will only lock, and I cant unlock it using my key even... anyone have a clue as to whats wrong?

power locks have solonoids on them. your drivers side one is probably bad.

take the door panal off, find the solonoid, and hit the power unlock button. listen for a noise.

no noise = bad solonoid

Comment

well, I remember watching the power lock lock and "attempt" to unlock the door when I had the panel off earlier today, its almost like its trying to unlock the door because the rod moves forward a little when I hit the unlock button and it makes a sound, maybe it's still the 'noid that's bad I dunno. I still dont understand why I cant turn my car key in the key hole either

Comment

follow all the bars in the door that have to do with the locking mechanism. maybe your door lock cyl. is siezed up, and that prevents the solonoid from moving? i dont know. thats about all i could suggest

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X