Whne I should start expecting stuff to go out on factory equipment? - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whne I should start expecting stuff to go out on factory equipment?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by jamie:
    DON'T GET HAWK PADS!<hr></blockquote>

they worked great on my 94... I had them on all 4 corners...

Comment

Mine has 32,000 miles on it.

The only thing I have changed was tires at 19,000.
      I went from the factory 235- Dunlop 245/50 R16's, they really improved the ride.

I changed my accessory belt last weekend myself, it was starting to squeek.

Thats it, my brakes sometimes are warped, but not that bad, I'll see how they feel in the spring along with the suspention.

Thats it, the car hasnt cost me anything, most reliable car I'v ever had.

Only thing...that may be on it's way out is my power windows, both are extremely slow.
      ~chris~ 98 Cayenne red Camaro 3800 A4, 3:08, T tops Borla cat-back, wisper lid K&N, Bilstine shocks, Dunlops all around. <br />AOL IM: chevyboyz24

Comment

watch out for coilpacks..

a lot of people now-a-days are having to change those more than spark plugs!
        96 Camaro M5. Dark metallic gree (?dont know the offical color name)<br />Home made Intake :: Headers, 3inch headers back to Flowmaster muffler :: spec stage 3 clutch Now installed, waiting for 3.42\'s and LSD next month<br /><a href=\"http://photobucket.com/albums/y192/RiceEatingCamaro/?action=view&current=newcar.jpg\" target=\"_blank\">My Car</a> <br /><br />Totalled Car.<br /><a href=\"http://bellsouthpwp.net/s/k/sk8er305/\" target=\"_blank\">96 CamaroRS</a>

Comment

Almost everything went out on mine about 70000 miles. I bought it used at 68000 miles though, so whoever had it before me probably horse beat it.

Comment

Right around 70,000 my coils went out. I am at 95,000 right now. I am on my third set of front rotors (which are now warped again), second set of rear rotors, fourth set of tires, second clutch (slipping pretty bad now with the supercharger), second fuel pump, second tranny (the second gear fork got bent and the tranny was rebuilt), second transmission mount. All of these problems seemed pretty common, maybe except for the tranny.

I highly recommend changing the water pump around 100k, because it is such an essential part of the engine. My brother had a grand prix whose water pump went out at 70k and the car overheated, so he screwed the engine up pretty bad and had to get a new one.

Luckily, all of these parts (Aside from the water pump) you can just wait until they fail to replace them.
            All gone :(<br />Best ET ever: 14.3 (I think)<br />----------------------------<br />Check out my site for exhaust clips, burnouts, and pictures, and the supercharger throttle body mod.<br /><a href=\"http://www.geocities.com/net_addict/index.html\" target=\"_blank\">Click on the Firebird</a>

Comment

My rear main started leaking at 35k, but didn't change it til it leaked really bad at 74k, at this point I changed the clutch with it, the clutch was only about half worn. One of the coils went out at 42k, warrantied. Brakes started warping around 12k and now at 123,000 miles, I still have the stock pads and rotors. I changed my plug and wires at 102k, when it started misfiring. changed stock tires at 58k with the Dunlops and it still has tread at 123k.
              Pinion seal leaked at 7500miles when I had the diff fluid changed. I changed it again a few weeks ago because I saw the drips on the driveway.
              had my window motors swapped at around 14k because of the knocking noises it made, since then the pass. window has been slower than the driver's. Shocks still alright right now.....
              1999 Pewter Camaro M5<br />Y87 Performance Package, Sport Appearance Package, Diamond Clears<br />Factory SS Hood, Free Ram Air Mod, Whisper Lid w/ K&N Air Filter<br />CarSound Cat 94009, B&B Tri-Flo w/ Quad Tips<br />BMR SFC, BMR STB, KVR Blank Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads<br />Black Painted Calipers w/ CAMARO Decal, 245/50 Dunlop SP Sport 5000<br />20% Rear 35% Side Tint, Red Reflective Inlays, Invincishield<br /><b>Young girls avert their eyes, weak men tremble, Ford dealers faint.</b>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X