Whne I should start expecting stuff to go out on factory equipment? - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whne I should start expecting stuff to go out on factory equipment?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whne I should start expecting stuff to go out on factory equipment?

I know it depends on driving conditions... But some rough estimates woudl be nice.

When would you guys expect the shocks, and brakes to go out....

My original tires are pretty bad they have about 33,500 miles on them.

I might get new pads anyways, freaking Hawk pads are on sale at thunder racing and they are a nice setup!

Honestly, there is no answer to that question.

I have a 97 with original brakes, original clutch, original shocks, (which need to be replaced) the only real thing I have done to my car is water pump and coils. If you are curious, I have 104k miles on mine. It all depends on the person driving the car and where it was driven. Most of the miles on mine are highway miles on the interstate. If the car goes through a lot of city stop and go things will need replacing much sooner.
    97 Silver Bird<br />3.8 M5 Bone Stock Engine<br />15.528 @ 88.96 bone stock<br /><a href=\"http://www.fbodyenhancements.com/\" target=\"_blank\">www.fbodyenhancements.com/</a>

Comment

He's right. There isn't any way you can tell. But I'll give you some insight into my car.. I have 77,000 miles even right now and I've had to replace about 4 or 5 different sensors on the car because they broke.
      1997 Camaro RS A4 <br />3.08 Rear<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/470169\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/470169</a><p>Mods:<br />SLP Cold Air Intake<br />Flowmaster 80 Series Muffler <br />MSD Ignition Coils<p>Soon to be installed:<br />3.42 Gears<br />MSD Plug Wires

Comment

there are maintenance schedules in the haynes manual.

96 V6 A4 Camaro and 99 Z28 A4 Camaro
        Visit My F-Body Page

Comment

They day you start having to fix all the expensive stuff is the day the warranty goes out.
          Ed
          2001 Formula

Comment

Basically, any time.
            Wife and a dog, they both think they\'re Kujo.<br /> <br />1999 3.8 A4 Y87<br />Navy Blue Metallic<br />BFG G-Force KDWS 275/40/17s, <br />WS6 Wheels (17x9)<br />Phoenix Transmissions 2400 Stall Converter<br />FRA, Holley Powershot filter, Whisper Lid, Ported Throttlebody<br />2000 manifolds, Flowmaster, WS6 Tail Pipes, <br />MSD 8.5mm Wires, MSD Coils, Autolite plugs<br />Performance Cryogenics treated rotors<br />1LE Sway Bars and panhard rod, 1LE front springs w/SLP Bilsteins, stock rear springs w/ 3rd Gen Bilsteins, BMR STB, KBDD SFCs, 1LE rear lower control arms, 1LE front lower control arms<p>1968 Chevelle Malibu 327 TH350

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Eddie B:
              They day you start having to fix all the expensive stuff is the day the warranty goes out.
              Ed
              <hr></blockquote>

AMEN!!!

Mine just ended and now my shocks are shot to hell, I just had to replace my rotors, and now my car hiccups under load. I think GM sends out a radio wave to each car when the warranty ends. I have 62k miles on mine. About 50/50 city and highway driving on it

[ December 07, 2003: Message edited by: bu-bye ]</p>
              White 98 Camaro with t-tops leather and Y87. For more info on mods just ask.<br />1/4=14.9<br />2002 Xterra V6 A4

Comment

I am not worried about the major stuff mainly the the comone wear and tear stuff...

I just have heard, shocks never last mroe then 50k, and also heard they don't last 30k.

As for my brakes, not sure, I now how some aftermarket ones will last but the originals, no idea, when I Zaino the car down next week, I will pull a wheel and see where they are at.

Comment

i dont know how long the stock clutch is supposed to last..

so far mine has gone through nearly 59k miles.. still no slip at all.. thats with hard driving

my brakes go out like crazy.. already had to put new rotors and pads on them.

i would say your fine for now.. for another.. 25k miles..

you'll know when things need replacing.. [img]graemlins/stickpoke.gif[/img]
                  96 Camaro M5. Dark metallic gree (?dont know the offical color name)<br />Home made Intake :: Headers, 3inch headers back to Flowmaster muffler :: spec stage 3 clutch Now installed, waiting for 3.42\'s and LSD next month<br /><a href=\"http://photobucket.com/albums/y192/RiceEatingCamaro/?action=view&current=newcar.jpg\" target=\"_blank\">My Car</a> <br /><br />Totalled Car.<br /><a href=\"http://bellsouthpwp.net/s/k/sk8er305/\" target=\"_blank\">96 CamaroRS</a>

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Tyler:
                    i dont know how long the stock clutch is supposed to last..

so far mine has gone through nearly 59k miles.. still no slip at all.. thats with hard driving
                    <hr></blockquote>

hehe I am not worried about the clutch, I already know its doomed, I trashed the clutch and master cylinder on this car when it only had 7k miles on it [img]smile.gif[/img] Clutches are doomed on every car I drive.

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by MustangEater8251:
                      I am not worried about the major stuff mainly the the comone wear and tear stuff...

I just have heard, shocks never last mroe then 50k, and also heard they don't last 30k.

As for my brakes, not sure, I now how some aftermarket ones will last but the originals, no idea, when I Zaino the car down next week, I will pull a wheel and see where they are at.
                      <hr></blockquote>

I have 127k on stock shocks :D But they are toasted [img]redface.gif[/img]

Check your diff seal, I've heard that goes out around 50k

Rear main Mine started going at around 90ish and now it deffinately needs to be replaced(doing this friday)

My clutch went at 90k, but with driving I give it another 10k ;)
                      <a href=\"http://pics.projectpredator.com/thumbnails.php?album=16\" target=\"_blank\">2003 Zinc Yellow Mustang GT</a> 1 of 701<br />ET : TBD<br />But our shenanigans are cheeky and fun! Yeah, and his shenanigans are cruel and tragic. Which... makes t

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by camaro_speedemon:

I have 127k on stock shocks :D But they are toasted [img]redface.gif[/img]

Check your diff seal, I've heard that goes out around 50k
                        <hr></blockquote>

Diffy seal as in the plate on the bakc or the piion seal in the front...

I only ask cuz I ahve a extra new pinion seal alying around I was thinking of selling it but might keep it [img]smile.gif[/img]

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Guardsman:
                          Basically, any time.<hr></blockquote>

[img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img] yup, anytime.

ALL my rotors were replaced at 5000 miles due to warp-age, pinion seal was replaced at 7000 miles, (common) cat was replaced around 12000 miles, passanger mirror motor went at around 15000 miles, mirror switch replaced around 16000 miles. problems with 02 sensor at 17000 miles...mechanic fixed that though. oh, and my tires have no tread left now at 18000 miles :D

at least i'm getting all the bugs outta the car before the warranty is up [img]smile.gif[/img]

--matt

p.s. i put on a highflow cat, not the stock replacement ;)

Comment

DON'T GET HAWK PADS!
                            \'96 <b>Quasar Blue</b> Firebird A4<br /><a href=\"http://jamiethekiller@comcast.net\" target=\"_blank\"><i>jamiethekiller@comcast.net</i></a><br /><a href=\"http://www.woodlandrock.com\" target=\"_blank\">my band: woodland</a>

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by jamie:
                              DON'T GET HAWK PADS!<hr></blockquote>

Why not? I've heard nothing but good things about them...
                              <a href=\"http://pics.projectpredator.com/thumbnails.php?album=16\" target=\"_blank\">2003 Zinc Yellow Mustang GT</a> 1 of 701<br />ET : TBD<br />But our shenanigans are cheeky and fun! Yeah, and his shenanigans are cruel and tragic. Which... makes t

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X