Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Q about Cylinder Misfire.

Originally posted by Stock98camaro
    wtf does a fuel filter have to do with anything? Plus, that was changed 2k miles ago.
    well frist if your feul filter is not letting the right ammount of feul to your injectors and its running lean it will missfire it just happend to me

Comment

Well, I got my oil changed 2k months ago... They should have replaced the filter, but then again, it IS a shop.

IF the filter IS the problem, should it work normally immediately after I replace?
      Red 1998 Camaro<br />Mods so far=<br />K&N

Comment

No, you will not be able to see "through" the plug wire, but you may be able to see the blue electric arc (if the wire has a crack or is otherwise damaged). The crack may be small enough that you cannot see it, but the arc will be readily apparent at night.

There are 3 coil packs (1 coil pack fires 2 cylinders). These coil packs are located on top of the driver side valve cover, back toward the firewall. Should be self explanatory; it's where all the plugs wire come together. See attached pic. Each coil is secured with 2 bolts. The underlying bracket is secured to the engine with 2 bolts. I have never removed an individual coil pack, but I have removed the entire coil bracket (with all 3 coil packs still attached). Piece of cake.
        Attached Files
        <b>1996 Camaro 3.8 L, A4</b><br />bone stock

Comment

Originally posted by 96sc
          No, you will not be able to see "through" the plug wire, but you may be able to see the blue electric arc (if the wire has a crack or is otherwise damaged). The crack may be small enough that you cannot see it, but the arc will be readily apparent at night.

There are 3 coil packs (1 coil pack fires 2 cylinders). These coil packs are located on top of the driver side valve cover, back toward the firewall. Should be self explanatory; it's where all the plugs wire come together. See attached pic. Each coil is secured with 2 bolts. The underlying bracket is secured to the engine with 2 bolts. I have never removed an individual coil pack, but I have removed the entire coil bracket (with all 3 coil packs still attached). Piece of cake.
          Thanks you for the great info. I will take a look tonight about the arching and I didn't get around to getting my codes scanned again, so I will try to work that in after work tomarrow. Do you know the estimated prices of plugs, wires, and coils? Thanks again!

Comment

Which coil is the coil that fires the 6th cylinder? I want to know which one I need to switch.

Comment

Check your email.
              <b>1996 Camaro 3.8 L, A4</b><br />bone stock

Comment

Checked! :)

Comment

I replaced the Coil and it still was doing it. I was pressed for time and eneded up just taking it into the shop. He replaced the wires and plugs because they were messed up from the misfires and then discovered it was the fuel pressure regulater. He said fuel was actually getting sucked into the cylinders by the vacume and basically killed the car. Thats why it was such a pain to drive.

Anyways, I wanted to just thank yall for your time, help, effort, and just keep you guys updated. My car now runs better than it did before the misfires!

Thanks,
                  Morgan

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X