Evap System

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Evap System

I am getting a code in the computer that is Evap system purge during non purge. Has anyone else had this problem and if so what did you do to fix it.

Re: Evap System

gas cap?
    1998 Camaro V6 \"Black Mamba\"<br />Y87<br />Whisper Lid w/ K&N filter<br />Flowmaster American Thunder<br />Numerous appearance mods.<br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2154172\" target=\"_blank\">Car Domain</a>

Comment

what is your car. the purge canister is very easy to change. what is your car?
      WAWA-A-HOLIC

Comment

gas cap would be a small leak detected. more info please
        2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

it is a 96 with the 3.8. The gas cap isn't leaking because when opened there is a rush of air.

Comment

i would still get it tested. other than that it could only be a few things. the purge canister, a leak in the fuel lines, or the charcoal canister. i just had to replace my canister. the way i found out what i was, was i took it to a shop and had the smoke test it to see where the leak was.

your canister should be behind a black plastic sheild in your drivers side rear wheel well. i would check to make sure that it looks ok and that there is no leaks. i woud then get under your car and check all the fuel rails to make sure that everything looks good.
            WAWA-A-HOLIC

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• LETZRIDE
              New Owner!
              by LETZRIDE
              I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
              3 days ago
            • ssms5411
              Little work today
              by ssms5411
              Went ahead and moved my starter wire from the back, to the front again since it had no effect on my drain on the battery. Also made me nervous driving...
              2 weeks ago
            • LETZRIDE
              Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
              by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
              Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
              By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
              Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
              02-07-2020, 10:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X